“Waste of even free tickets!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indiana Beach Amusement Resort

Indiana Beach Amusement Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Monticello
More attraction details
Owner description: Today, Indiana Beach is home to six roller coasters. Of them, three are wooden roller coasters, including the world-famous Cornball Express, voted the #1 Wooden Coaster in the world by Theme Park Critic in 2002! In addition, Indiana Beach is home to Indiana's 1st custom steel coaster, Steel Hawg. Through all its new attractions, new slogans, and new guests, Indiana Beach never forgot its place as a classic facility filled with classic attractions. Whether it’s getting’ their fannies riding on a coaster, relaxing in the summer sun, or dancing & dining with family & friends, generations have enjoyed all that Indiana Beach has to offer including 0ver 100 accommodations. With plans for tomorrow blossoming every day, exciting changes every season, and a continued commitment to quality, there are no limits in sight for Indiana Beach’s future. From a cornfield that a horse and cart turned into a beach swimming area to the largest amusement & vacation playground in the state of Indiana, from its humble beginnings as Ideal Beach to its undying popularity in the hearts of guests of all ages and generations, Indiana Beach has come to represent that there truly is “more than corn in Indiana...”
Tipton, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Waste of even free tickets!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

So excited we won 2 free tickets to Indiana Beach. Planned to stay at the Nascar cabins for the night and have a great getaway for the grandkids before school starts. We should have gotten a clue how the day would end the moment the Indiana Beach Ferry came to pick us up! Needless to say we kept the momentum going and the grand kids ended up only rode 2 rides. We waited in line 45 minutes for the old cars and still 1/2 hour to go when we realized only 2 out of 5 cars were running, we walked away. There were many more rides broken down or half working. The place has been let go to a serious degree. We chose not to ride the coasters due to the fact of apparent lack of maintenance of the overall place. Indiana Beach has gotten dirty, run down and dilapidated! It is going to end up like Old Indiana with someone hurt or killed and the place shut down. To bad. We ended up spending less than 2 hours at the park and had to find other activities. Thank goodness the Albanese Candy Factory saved the day!

Visited August 2013
9 Thank Karen K

Niles, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“TRASHY 8/3/13”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

This place is nasty! The water park was gross. Did not even allow the kids to go to the water park. There are some bigger slides but not much for the smaller ones, just a splash pad. In the water park there is not a pool, just a portioned off part of the lake, which I'm pretty sure you would end up with a skin eating disease if you went in there. We made a reservation at the motel, and ended up checking out before the end of the night. The room was small, very outdated, and gross
The amusement park is nothing more than a glorified carnival. There are a few decent roller coasters, but all the other rides are what you would find at a carnival. There were quite a few rides that were broken down. The rides that were in operation, most of them had broken seats and not operating at 100%. We waited in line for about 40 minutes for the antique cars because there was only one car working.
Yes its affordable, but pay the extra and go to Ceder Point, Six Flags, or anywhere but here.

Visited August 2013
10 Thank aimee m
Cincinnati, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Waste of Money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was my second, and last, trip to Indiana Beach Amusement Park. I took my daughter and grandkids for a 2 night stay July, 2013. Let me begin by saying the park was clean and the employees were friendly.
The park is outdated, many rides were closed, lights were out on the rides, but it had a negected nostlagic feel.
We stayed in Cottage #703, which was old and outdated. The townhouse had a bad, musty odor, which might have been due to not having a downspout connected to the gutters, so rainwater just splashes on the deck. The cottage was clean, so this is not a housekeeping issue. The furniture, or lack thereof, was old and outdated. Think of the 1970's, and you would be correct. Cottage sleeps 8, so you would expect to have cookware and silverware to match. Nope. We had 1 fork and 1 small scratched skillet. ( I did walk the block to the office and was given 5 forks). No microwave- so bring your own. Building very run down and needs updating or torn down. I can not imagine someone from the district office staying here with their family.
Very expensive for what you get. I could have stayed on a real beach, in a modern facility.
I also contacted the park, as well as the corporate office, concerning an email that I recieved, after I had booked my 2 night stay. It offered a free 3rd night stay or a discount on a 2 night stay, but since I had made my reservation several days before receiving the email, they would not work with me or give me the discounted rate.
I do not recommend staying in this park, especially the old "cottages". Beware., Spend your hard earned dollars somewhere else.

Visited July 2013
7 Thank bsmillerrn
Fort Wayne
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“GOING DOWN HILL FAST”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

For more than 40 years our families have made numerous trips to Indiana Beach. From the first trip in 1975 to our last trip in 2011 we all looked forward to the day. In the early days things were basic, prices were very good, lines were short and everything was first class. Then things started changing. The parking cost more than doubled, the admission cost tripled, and ;things became more and more cluttered. By 2011 prices had gone from free parking to $8 parking.
Admission for the day had gone from $5 to 35 and a lot of the rides had either broken down or were in need of serious repair. Instead of doing what they had done well for so many years by staying small and being efficient and offering a good product things changed. They now were trying to cram people into the place, charging prices that rivaled Cedar Point, and quality and fun was much harder to find. I now suggest you save your money and try something else like maybe Holiday World in Southern Indiana.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank David H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love Indiana Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family has been going to for over 20 years. We just love the place. Does it have its problems? Yes. And maybe because its our family tradition every summer we overlook some of the downfalls. This is by no means a fancy resort, but its family fun. It has been under new ownership the last few years and there have been some positive changes as well as negative. The Skyroom Lounge still has fantastic food...buffet or off the menu. The Beach Club condos inside the park are wonderful. Big and spacious. They have added new cottages on the lake as well. The rides are old and in need of some cosmetic updates but they are wonderful! Thestaff has a lot of foreign exchange students which we find delightful. If you are looking for a 5 star amusement park/resort this is not the place to go. We will conti'm ue to go every year because its part of our family traditions. And if you are going for more than 3 days, get a season pass. Its cheaper!!

Visited August 2012