“Fun for kids”

Indiana Beach Amusement & Waterpark
Ranked #10 of 14 things to do in Monticello
More attraction details
Owner description: Today, Indiana Beach is home to six roller coasters. Of them, three are wooden roller coasters, including the world-famous Cornball Express, voted the #1 Wooden Coaster in the world by Theme Park Critic in 2002! In addition, Indiana Beach is home to Indiana's 1st custom steel coaster, Steel Hawg. Through all its new attractions, new slogans, and new guests, Indiana Beach never forgot its place as a classic facility filled with classic attractions. Whether it’s getting’ their fannies riding on a coaster, relaxing in the summer sun, or dancing & dining with family & friends, generations have enjoyed all that Indiana Beach has to offer including 0ver 100 accommodations. With plans for tomorrow blossoming every day, exciting changes every season, and a continued commitment to quality, there are no limits in sight for Indiana Beach’s future. From a cornfield that a horse and cart turned into a beach swimming area to the largest amusement & vacation playground in the state of Indiana, from its humble beginnings as Ideal Beach to its undying popularity in the hearts of guests of all ages and generations, Indiana Beach has come to represent that there truly is “more than corn in Indiana...”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The sit down restaurant was very slow. It took us a hour and a half to get our food. I think it was our clerk though. The food was good.

All reviews
"hawg"
in 23 reviews
"vintage"

Reviewed June 3, 2013

booked on 5/22 8:00pm read reviews that night nothing but bad reviews decided to cancel next morning 5/23 at7:30 i cancel reservation. i' am told that only 1 person in whole company of morgan rv resorts (mother company of indiana beach) can do returns she not in. on 5\24 i get confirmation of my reservation and notice of my credit card being charged this is a day after i cancelled seems there good and fast at taking money but slow at returning it. why was i charged at all after i cancelled. finally got a call on 5/30 (after making about 10 phone calls to them thru the week only to get the run around) was told my refund would take about 14 more days to go thru this is 3 weeks after i cancelled before they ever charged me i'm still waiting for refund

11  Thank myyk
Reviewed May 28, 2013

STAY AWAY! I am an avid follower of anything theme park related, and I know this place has new owners. The new owners recognize they have some work to do, and came out with a "restoring" PR thing not too long ago. Oh boy, do they have a LONG WAY TO GO!

Cleanliness - I felt disgusting just walking around, let alone the 2 times I had to use one of their restrooms (2 different ones) - both had broken urinals, they smelled horrible, and I couldn't feel clean after washing my hands. The park needs some sand paper and paint, and a lot of it!

Roller coasters - the park has 6, supposedly. I mean you can see them, but working? Try 2 - yes 2 out of 6 were fully operational when we were there on Memorial Day 2013, with an additional 1 sometimes working (we did get lucky and get a ride on the Hoosier Hurricane). 2 of the down coasters were ones I really wanted to ride, so I was very disappointed they weren't running.

Food - sparse and expensive. Enough said.

Other rides were barely safe - we tried a few of the flat rides, because we wanted some semblance of value for our POP money, but we felt very unsafe on a few of them.

The entire place is very depressing. At least the staff was friendly and trying to make the best out of a park that should be shut down for major capital improvements and repair.

11  Thank pad_lake
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Indiana Beach is in the middle of nowhere. Yes, it has maintenance issues and could use some TLC. Overall, $10 to park in VIP parking and $62 for admission for mom, dad, 5 year old and 2 year old was free. Our two kids loved it, some may think it is pricey, and maybe it is a little bit, but it is a private company and they are in business to make money, they are making some improvements.

We live in Green Bay and we have a smaller, city run amusement park named Bay Beach, similar rides that are all less than $1 each. It is all in how far you want to drive.

2  Thank AdamGBWI