“sad to see what's happening at IB....”

Indiana Beach Amusement & Waterpark
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Monticello
More attraction details
Owner description: Today, Indiana Beach is home to six roller coasters. Of them, three are wooden roller coasters, including the world-famous Cornball Express, voted the #1 Wooden Coaster in the world by Theme Park Critic in 2002! In addition, Indiana Beach is home to Indiana's 1st custom steel coaster, Steel Hawg. Through all its new attractions, new slogans, and new guests, Indiana Beach never forgot its place as a classic facility filled with classic attractions. Whether it’s getting’ their fannies riding on a coaster, relaxing in the summer sun, or dancing & dining with family & friends, generations have enjoyed all that Indiana Beach has to offer including 0ver 100 accommodations. With plans for tomorrow blossoming every day, exciting changes every season, and a continued commitment to quality, there are no limits in sight for Indiana Beach’s future. From a cornfield that a horse and cart turned into a beach swimming area to the largest amusement & vacation playground in the state of Indiana, from its humble beginnings as Ideal Beach to its undying popularity in the hearts of guests of all ages and generations, Indiana Beach has come to represent that there truly is “more than corn in Indiana...”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

i'll keep it brief, as you can read many other reviews saying similar and more detailed things if you scroll down this list. sadly, they are all true. this once wonderful slice of americana has been sold to some sort of company that could care less how things look, or how their guests feel as they enter, spend the day, and depart. its now more expensive, less fun, and much dirtier than ever. rides are closed. there is debris and weird "ride peices" lying around everywhere. the IB motels are *outrageously* over-priced for what they are and the condition they are in. the "new cabins" look like fema housing, and are $$$$. sigh. we actually stayed off the grounds for the first time ever this year. i really hope the "powers that be" at IB get their act together...people are just not going to keep showing up for the mess this place is turning into. so sad....we *love* IB and it is a tradition for us.

17  Thank miss_sherri
"shoppe"
"hawg"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

This place gets more expensive and more disgusting each summer. I have been to Indiana Beach many times over the years when I was a kid, now I take my family. But our latest visit will be our last! So sad to see this place so run down and poorly managed. We had 2 free tickets and decided to give this place another try after not going the past few summers. If we didnt have our free tickets, it would have been almost $100 for our family of 4! Once inside we discovered 2 rides and been removed to make way for "Adventure Point" (which costs extra of course) a small, lame area with a rope climbing area. Didn't look very advenerous! Also that day 5 major rides where "closed for the day". We waited in line for another ride for almost 1 hour waiting on a "maintenane issue". We attempted to eat lunch at the "Dog and Suds", but once inside we quickly left! Sticky floors, filthy, and smelled horrible. After only 2 hours we had enough and left the park disappointed and hungry! I don't mind paying the high prices at amusement parks if it is clean,safe and the kids have fun- this is not the place for any of those things! Also, the lake this place in located on is filthy and stank, would not swim in the water for anything! Save your time and money and travel somewhere else!

15  Thank JLPNJJP
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I've been coming here since I was a little kid, every summer! I loved it! The last I was here was in 2007 and it was still like it was! Maybe with a couple small changes! Well I just got home today from the worst visit and last visit! I'll stat by saying we paid $24.95 for a ride pass, just to see that almost a good chunk of rides were out of order. Even the employees were not happy with the way it was being run. I talked with 3 older employees that said its just not the same. Not only the rides but when I went in the gift shops, there was hardly anything in them. Completely bare! I felt as if I was at a big carnival! Not the same at all and it's sad! Bring back the good ol days!!

15  Thank Denise P
Reviewed August 23, 2012

On a Saturday, I took my two Granddaughters, ages 6 & 7 to Indiana Beach all day. We arrived around 12:30, and I had a Zoobook coupon to get one in free. They both measured over 48". The lady was very nice and asked if I was going to ride any of the rides. Since, I wasn't, she said it would only cost me $2.50, and I would get a card with that amount on it to use. That was enough for me to ride the Shafer Queen with the girls. The girls rode most of the Adult rides and a few kiddie rides. Their favorite ride was the Galaxi Coaster, which they rode at least 8 or 9 times. Couldn't get them off of it until after 9:00 p.m. We had a nice hot buffet lunch up in the skyroom restaruant overlooking Lake Shafer.

2  Thank Gloriousglo