My husband and I had a wonderful time at this simple, small hotel which is located in a beautiful jungly garden. The flowers and fruit trees were delightful as was the sound of frogs at night times. Stephanie and her husband Patrick, who manage the hotel at present, were very attentive and welcoming. Patrick is from the Caribbean but trained as a chef at the Savoy and Waldorf hotels in London. He is great fun, a real character and a complete food enthusiast. Each night (apart from the one they had off) Patrick and Stephanie cooked a delicious dinner, mostly with an emphasis on Creole cookery. Breakfasts were very good too with a fresh fruit plate, cheese and ham, croissants, baguettes and excellent coffee. We stayed in one of the lodge type rooms which were simple but comfortable and clean. Towelling bathrobes, toiletries, hair dryer and even an i-pod player were supplied. The only improvement I would make if running the hotel would be to supply more comfortable furniture for the outdoor area of the lodges. The chairs weren't very comfortable and we didn't feel up to trying the hammock. A couple of sun loungers would be good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is composed by a renovated authentic colonial “mansion”, built in 1927 and 3 cottages:Colonial mansion : 1 suite with 2 bedrooms and one bathroom at the ground floor (with a part of the terrace which goes around the colonial mansion call a “varangue”). At the first floor two triple rooms with independant shower.Occupation SUITE : 2 adults + 2 children + 1 infant. Surface area ≈ 60sqmOccupation triple rooms : 3 adults + 1 infant. Surface area ≈ 28sqmThe cottages : 2 independant rooms with terrace for each cottage, children’s bedroom on upper level, which can be communicated with one of each rooms.Occupation : 2 adults + 1 infant. Suraface area ≈ 17sqmEvery room including: Bathroom with Bath (or shower), hair-drier, air-conditioner, phone, IPOD system, one king size bed (maximum 2 persons in a room, possibility to add a baby cot), terrasse with panoramic view overlooking “Les Saintes” and deck chairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Jardin Malanga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Jardin Malanga Hotel Guadeloupe
- Le Jardin Malanga Basse Terre