Rupert & Rothschild Vignerons Tasting Centre

from $127.12
More Info
from $160.79
More Info
All reviews wine farm our waiter red wine champagne wines restaurant lunch tasting setting stupendous dish franschhoek
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2017

I don;t even know where to start. The stunning vineyard, the elegantly decor of the tasting room, the brilliant service from our sommelier Dale to the exquisite wine. Rupert & Rothschild gets my vote for best wine in South Africa. The wines are out of this world! The moment I thought Baroness Nadine was my favourite we were treated to the Classique and then my mind was just blown by Baron Edmund. Each wine perfectly rounded with a unique nose and a pallet that is something poets can write about. We were treated to Rimapere Sauvignon Blanc which is one of the best white wines of the cultivar I have ever tasted. I am still in awe about our experience at Rupert & Rothschild and I am certainly saving up to do the food and wine pairing in the near future!

1  Thank bytjie06
Reviewed January 17, 2017

The last time we visited this exquisite farm we didn't have time for lunch. On Sunday we made sure we did.

We opted for the local wine pairing menu. We were served three wines and three dishes - on one plate. The food was ample and simply delicious. The wines were lovely!

We will most definitely be back to enjoy the farm and the hospitality. It certainly is top class!

Thanks Team!

Reviewed January 8, 2017

This was a excellent experience. People are friendly and attentive. Beautiful setting.

Duck liver pate and porcini mushroom with smoked salt... no words.

We chose the Wines of the world tasting option. I am sensitive to wooded and red wines and they accomodated me with Champagne and Savignon Blanc. The champagne was a bubbling bliss of joy. SB fruity and fresh. The prawns was amazing - poached, juicy and plump. The potato with the curry at the end might have been a bit smaller. Duck - delish.

Many might say the portions are small but it was just enough to save some space for the smooth Creme Brulee.

Excellent choice for a special occasion.

1  Thank wwil2016
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

If you want that special occasion place look no further. It may be a little more expensive than its counterparts but the experience and the quality of the champagnes, wines, cheese platters (mostly imported) and food are outstanding. Definitely one of my best experiences in a while and I can't wait to go back.

2  Thank 266deem
Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

We started our wine tasting at Rupert & Rothschild Vignerons, upon arrival everything was hassle free and the staff very friendly. I can really say its beyond comparable to other farms in the area. A must visit.

Date of experience: December 2016