“Spring Mill - Camping Fun”

Spring Mill State Park
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Mitchell
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Spring Mill State Park is one of our favorite state parks in Indiana. Our most recent stay, last weekend, was complete with a cave tour via boat, hiking, camp fires, very few bugs, and a few racoons. The Grissom Memorial and Village are fun activities for the kids, as is the pool.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

It was Thanksgiving and we took an elderly couple (friends) to the Inn for dinner. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meal. It was buffet style and a very wide variety of choices!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

After camping somewhere else for the past 5 years we decided to move the annual Memorial Day weekend camping trip to Spring Mill. One of the main reasons we made the switch is they have a pool and our group consist of 12-13 kids. The weather didn't quite cooperate but we were not dissapointed in the other aspects of the park. The park itself is great. The Pioneer Village is really neat and the Civil War reenactment they had going on made it even better. Most people know the benefits of the park so I will focus on the campground. We had 4 sites for 12 adults and 11 children. The sites were very big and provided plenty of room for kids running around, cornhole boards, and sitting area around the fire pit. The fire pits all looked really new and provided strong supportive grills to cook on. We stayed at sites 169,170, 183,185 and were literally 50 feet from the bathrooms and showers. Being that Spring Mill is seemingly frequented by 80 % RV campers(at least during this visit) the bathrooms and showers were uncrowded and clean. I think the may have recently upgrade the showers and such because they were actually very warm and you can turn the knob and the water stays on unlike having to constantly press a button/knob. I have been to many campgrounds that on the second day of a busy weekend I dreaded going into. This was definately not the case here. Wtih all the amenities the park offers and how nice the campground was we have decided this is the new place for our annual friends and family camping trip. On a side note we had lunch/brunch at The Hub in Mitchell. It's a little hole in wall family restaurant. The place is not fancy but the food, service, portion size(pancakes and tenderloins are huuuuge!), and price are awesome. I highly reccomend it.

4  Thank Nawlins4LIFE
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have been to Spring Mill numerous times. It seems that the state is set on improving the park year by year. That helps keep me coming back.
Caves.
Lakes.
Picnic area.
I really enjoy the fact that the various buildings are used and have people actually working in them. Fun for kids.
Great place to take pictures.
Needs to have some animals.
Very good state park!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed at Spring MIll State Park Camp Ground from April 26 to April 29, 2013. We have
a pop up camper. The camper has a toilet but no shower. Our campsite was number 73. We used the shower that was right across from our site. I did not check the other showers. If you let the shower run for 5 to 8 minutes it will get warm and warm is all you can hope for. The women's shower is also not as clean as I would prefer. I saw the attendent go in to clean the shower but when I went in later the same spiders are still in the showers, there is mold on the shower curtains. The bathroom is also in need of repair. the handicapped toilet does not flush properly and is leaking around the bottom of the toilet. The caulk around the sinks in moldy and needs to be replaced. There is a set of mirrors on one side with electrical outlets to do yourhair but there is only a small ledge for you to work from and no hooks to hang your bag.
That was the bad part.
The good part is: The park is beautiful, there are a number of walking trails for all levels of activity, the pioneer village has wonderful people explaining the different trades and history,and the restaurant has great food at a resonable price. We did enjoy our visit but the next time we consider going there, I will call and ask if the showers have been repaired.

3  Thank Patricia B