All reviewsstate parkgus grissomnature centerfried chickenhuge fireplaceindoor outdoor poolair hockeydvd playergrist millrocking chairsstep back in timeping pongrustic furniturepersimmon puddingdouble queenhoosier hospitalitysmall lake
Reviewed July 3, 2008

We like to camp, but they had room in the Inn, so we stayed there. The inn is nice. Nothing too fancy, but affordable. Not many channels on the TV (but we were not there to watch TV). They have a DVD player in each room and DVDs you can rent at the Front Desk. There is also a Red Box with new releases 3 miles away at the McDonalds. They had a Roll Away bed which was nice, so the kids didnt have to share a bed. The game room was fun, with Monopoly, Air Hockey, Ping Pong and other games and a big TV. The pool was nice. Water was warm and you could be inside or outside. There is alot to do in the park and also alot of things within driving distance.

The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was divided so that one person could shower, while another uses the sink, which made things a little easier on us. The shower/toilet portion was a bit small.

My only complaint was the quality of the food in the restaurant. A kids breakfast buffet was $2.50 and an adults was $6.50. Normally the state park food is pretty comparable to Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel, but this time the food was very poor. I tried a bit of everything, but nothing tasted very good. I did not eat any other meals there and I discouraged the rest of my group from eating there.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2008

This was the third year in a row that my wife and I stayed at the Spring Mill Inn. We stayed for 8 nights and loved every minute of it. My wife's birthday is the 13th of February, so we stay for her birthday and Valintine's day (there is always a special dinner on or around Valintine's day). Even better are the winter rates. Rooms are 2 for 1 Sunday through Thursday. The Inn was built out of native lime stone in the late 40's.

The main lobby is our favorite place. The great fireplace, rocking chairs, TV and comfortable seating make this area a great place to relax or have a conversations with other guests. For us the best time is after 11:00 pm. We sit around the fireplace and it feels like we have the whole Inn to ourselves. There is also a lower level which has an air hockey game, ping-pong table and other video and pinball games. Board games and tables to play them on are also available. The lower level also offers a great fireplace, comfortable seating and a large screen TV. Free coffee, tea and vending machines are also on this level. Just off of the lower level is the indoor/outdoor pool.

Located on the main level is the in house restaurant with buffet and fire place. The restaurant serves breakfast lunch and dinner. The food and service are wonderful.

The whole staff was very polite and friendly and made sure that we had everything that we needed.

The rooms are simple but were very comfortable. There is a dvd player in every room and basic cable service. Free WIFI is also available.

There are four wineries within 50 minutes of Spring Mill Inn and pleanty of antique shops close by.

This was a great trip and we will go back again.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank FluteGuy
Reviewed January 15, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Spring Mill Inn for 3 days/2 nights. It was a wonderful trip. The Inn is located in a Sate Forest, beautiful nature and deer, has a very woodsy feel. The staff was very polite and friendly, especially the servers at the in-house restaurant, (mostly a buffet). The beds were very comfortable, every floor seems to have a lending library, dvd player in every room (DVD rentals for $5), basic cable with all the ESPNs, free wifi as well.
The Inn has a lower level which has ping-pong table ($1 to play), air hockey (again, $1), pinball, a couple arcade games, board games, free coffee & tea, plenty of tables, chairs, and leather sofas. Also has a big screen TV in the corner, was very nice to play board games and watch it late at night when the Inn is practically dead.
They attract an older crowd, some families, no young singles or party animals. They have a heated indoor/outdoor pool, though outdoor part is only open during summer. The indoor pool was small but nice, had chairs and tables around it. Again, another nice thing to enjoy late at night, open till 11pm.
I recommend checking out the Gus Grissom Memorial located in the park, especially if you have young boys, they have a lot of artifacts from the pioneering astronaut; spacesuit, medals, photos, movie, even a space capsule!
All in all this was an excellent place, very clean, reasonably priced (2 for 1 nights during winter), excellent atmosphere.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank patrick60139
Reviewed November 13, 2007

We stayed one night at the Spring Mill Inn and wish we could've stayed longer. Very impressed with the comfort, cleanliness, and hospitality. We had two teenage girls with us, who loved the indoor/outdoor pool and being able to swim outside in October! Particulary enjoyed the decor, the game room with board games, ping pong, etc.., and the overall atmosphere and surroundings. We wanted to stay longer. Highly recommend for a no stress, laid back stay. If you want excitement - this isn't the place. But if you want a leisurely stay - this is for you.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2006

What a wonderful place to stay...we are hoping to return again sometime soon. We live in Dayton, Ohio and came to Mitchell because I am a Hawaiian hula performer and was hired to perform at a nearby lu'au. I was booked into the Spring Mill Inn without any idea of what to expect. I read the reviews and thought it sounded nice, but still was not completely sold until we drove up into the park. It was beautiful...the porch rockers were the first thing we saw (I brought my six year old and hubby along)...we were greeted by several staff members with genuine smiles all around. Also, the keys are real keys!!! Can't remember the last time I saw real keys on big brass key rings. No electronic cards! I think that's neat. Up to the room we went and were pleasantly surprised with the quilt covered beds. Very clean room and bathroom. Basic but still very comfortably appointed and filled with charm. Even the lamps are charming...rustic and lovely to read by. Downstairs there is a family area with boardgames, puzzles, a couple arcade games...the indoor/outdoor swimming pool! But what I enjoyed the most? The comfy leather sofas and chairs in front of the huge fireplace! What a great place for a nap. Everything has a rustic log cabin feel. We also checked out the lobby level gathering area...watched some television from another leather chair...so comfy...and played checkers. Before bed we had to go out and try the porch rockers. A gorgeous night, rocking on the porch listening to nature. I could've rocked all night! I must say that the beds are quite comfortable and we slept like babies. Next day I went by the gift shop - very nice items for sale at a reasonable cost. Did I mention the smiling staff? Nicest people I have ever met before anywhere I have stayed. So accomadating! They treat you like you are part of their family. Free coffee and tea available near the family area...nice touch. We ate lunch at the restaurant, and wow the food is delicious! Again, more smiles and terrific service!!!! The Pioneer Village is a must...we were there several hours...hiking and visiting the different homes in the village. Again friendly people everywhere and beauty abounded. Probably the prettiest little creek I've ever seen as well, rushing down past the old mill. I really enjoyed listening to the brook babble...my family and I just had such a lovely time here and want to come back when we can visit the caves, lake and do some boating. We loved it and give it a 5 star rating for Excellent!
This is a must see in Indiana!!!!

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business