All reviewsstate parkgus grissomnature centerfried chickenhuge fireplaceindoor outdoor poolair hockeydvd playergrist millrocking chairsping pongstep back in timerustic furniturepersimmon puddingdouble queenhoosier hospitalitysmall lake
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We recently went to Spring Mill Inn for a family weekend. There were 4 families total. Out of those 4, one family had a full double bed room, we had a king room and the other two families had double queen rooms. Normally king rooms are the size of a normal hotel room with just one bed. That was NOT the case at this place. Our room was so small that the bed barely fit and there was just enough room to walk around it, nonetheless put up a pack in play for our toddler. If I would of know that I would of booked a double room. We kept walking by other rooms while they were cleaning and they were huge compared to our "closet." It was ridiculous. Our other families queen double room was like a suite with a seperate living room and had a fridge, sink and microwave. We had NOTHING in our room....The other thing that made me upset was our other families with the queen "suites" payed the same price as I did! I was so upset after seeing their huge rooms that I complained to the staff and the manager took $10 off a night...WOW..thanks...
We really enjoyed the state park and the inns breakfast buffet was good. I would probably stay here again, but I definetely won't be requesting a king room again...thats for sure!

Room Tip: Don't request a king room, there is no room. They shouldn't even have king size beds in there. Request a double room, they are much larger for the price.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. Had to change our reservation to a different night (instead of wed. and thur. we changed to tues. and wed.) and the inn was helpful in the change. There was cookies and apples at check in, and a coffee bar 24 hours. No coffee pot in room. Nice indoor ,outdoor pool and game room. Nice sundeck out back and covered front porch with rocking chairs to sit in. Beautiful flowers and very peaceful.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed at the Spring Mill Inn in October. The fall colors were beautiful and the Inn was filled with autumn decorations. The rooms are decorated appropriately for a lodge and are quite spacious and clean. The Inn has rustic, vintage charm and is a great value! The staff are also very friendly and helpful! They have a list of popular movies you can rent and take back to your room and a game room filled with pool tables, skee ball, and board games. We loved that many famillies were taking advatage of these activites!
The only reason I did not give it five stars is because of the restuarant within the Inn. It is highly overpriced for what you get. The food is barely to below average. Everything tastes like it came out of a can and just reheated. We were a little disappointed with this fact, but we had such a good time at the Inn we didn't let this ruin our trip. Next time we will bring our own food or look for a restuarant in a nearby town.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angiebelle
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We just got married and held our reception in the Lakeview room and spent two nights in a cozy room at Spring Mill Inn. The service was wonderful, and all of the staff was over-the-top hospitable! Our children even asked if we can come back for a trip when it warms up they loved it so much; especially the game room and pool, of course. The restaurant is pretty good, great waitstaff.
We can't wait to go back for a weekend when we are not so crazy busy :)

Room Tip: We booked a room with two queen size beds; it was cozy and comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenna D
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I visit the Spring Mill Inn in Spring Mill State Park every year and have done so for many years. I enjoy Indiana's state park inns, but they are not for everyone. Since they are located within state parks, there is an entry fee (charged once) during the spring/summer/fall season. The inns are not located on main roads. Most are older buildings with interesting histories. They are not sterile and modern, but I have always found the Spring Mill Inn to be clean and comfortable. There are TV's in the rooms, wireless internet service, and service on my Verizon cellphone. The inn swimming pool is an interesting indoor/outdoor pool. The indoor part is available year round. Obtain pool towels at the front desk instead of in the pool area. There is also a pool in the park which is open during the summer season, a nature center, and trails. There is an 1800's recreated village which includes a mill on the creek which runs through it. An additional attraction is a museum which commorates astronaut Gus Grissom, who was a native of the nearby town of Mitchell. I have always enjoyed the food in the inn dining room.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo