All reviewsstate parkgus grissomnature centerfried chickenhuge fireplaceindoor outdoor poolair hockeydvd playergrist millrocking chairsping pongstep back in timerustic furniturepersimmon puddingdouble queenhoosier hospitalitysmall lake
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I visit the Spring Mill Inn in Spring Mill State Park every year and have done so for many years. I enjoy Indiana's state park inns, but they are not for everyone. Since they are located within state parks, there is an entry fee (charged once) during the spring/summer/fall season. The inns are not located on main roads. Most are older buildings with interesting histories. They are not sterile and modern, but I have always found the Spring Mill Inn to be clean and comfortable. There are TV's in the rooms, wireless internet service, and service on my Verizon cellphone. The inn swimming pool is an interesting indoor/outdoor pool. The indoor part is available year round. Obtain pool towels at the front desk instead of in the pool area. There is also a pool in the park which is open during the summer season, a nature center, and trails. There is an 1800's recreated village which includes a mill on the creek which runs through it. An additional attraction is a museum which commorates astronaut Gus Grissom, who was a native of the nearby town of Mitchell. I have always enjoyed the food in the inn dining room.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank PJIMARION
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The Spring Mill Inn located in Spring Mill State Park is great value for a family vacation. not fancy, but with a rustic charm, the hotel has modern conveniences: cable TV, wireless service, an indoor-outdoor pool, clean rooms in a wooded setting. The restaurant in the hotel serves hearty traditional Midwestern farm fare either from a menu or buffet style. This is comfort food, not health food, but it is delicious, priced well considing the amount of food. You can even Taste the local delicacy, persimmon pudding or pie. The staff is very helpful. The recreated settler village from the early 1800's is an added attractin.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sue S
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I have always given the Spring Mill Inn an excellent review. But this time there were a few problems. The main problem was with a man on staff at the front desk. He was kind of rude and had very little knowledge about anything. And I heard other staff members just telling people to call another number for any questions. This one man one time was using the GUEST computer. I am not sure if he was working or what. The staff has always been amazing here. But this time the staff at the front desk all seemed a bit indifferent. The lobby is till amazing...rooms are still nice....food in restaurant was still good. The pool looked nicer...maybe has a new lining. But this was not our best stay here...because of the front desk staff. We were annoyed with the TONS of spiders outside our window. I know this room was on an upper floor and is in a state park. But there were literally tons of spiders at night right outside our window. AND I do think it is about time that the Indiana State Park Inns ALL started putting coffee machines in the rooms. And the fitted sheet on one bed was so worn that it would not stay tucked in...and I hate it when that happens. We actually went in to town to DOLLAR GENERAL and bought a sheet to put OVER the bed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank IndianaKris
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My husband and I spent one night at the Inn. We had a nice cozy room. Did some hiking. The dinner and breakfast buffets were both very nice with great food. If you like to hike and explore the outdoors, this would be a good place for a get a way any time of year. There were three cons: 1. the dehumidifier in our room was VERY loud. I did ask for a replacement but was told that they were all like that even though they were brand new. They were nice about it. 2. due to the way the Inn is built into the hill, there were many steps throughout the halls. There was an elevator and the place was handicap accessible. 3. I think this is common but we had to pay to enter the park. I thought since we were staying at the Inn, this fee should be waived.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank dee512
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Our favorite Indiana State Park and Inn! The rooms are comfortable, homey and clean. The food in the dining room is always delicious and includes regional favorites. You can go back to the buffet as often as you like, but be warned your eyes will always be bigger than your stomach! The staff in the hotel and dining room are top notch, friendly and always helpful. The family friendly lobby has newspapers, games and comfy seating. It's not uncommon to find someone dozing off behind a newspaper. It's all so inviting.
The park is one of the smallest, but the restored mill village is absolutely one of the best in the US. The three story, working mill is a fascinating museum too. The nature center is full of information and interesting exhibits. Great getaway for quiet relaxation, indoors and out. Pool and game rooms on lower level great for families.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for one on the lower level.
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family