“clean & convenient”

Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Mishawaka
Manistee, Michigan
“clean & convenient”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

this motel was very clean, conveniently located and very affordable. My only complaint is that the deadbolt lock on my door was not operable. I advised the desk and they assured me they would take care of it. Friendly and courteous staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Raymond, Maine
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed at Super 8 in Mishiwaka IN twice during trip to Iowa and back to pick up in-laws for Thanksgiving visit ... it was not the worst place I have ever stayed at, but it is the sort of place you think about whether to walk on the carpets or not ... bathrom in the room could have used a good scrubbing and a fresh shower curtain that did not smell of mold ... the overall appearance was tired and dirty and I worried about picking up nocturnal pests to take home with me unannounced ... I have seen other Super 8 motels that were much cleaner ...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed August 8, 2012

After reading some of the previous reviews, we were uncertain if we really wanted to spend a week in this hotel. The management couldn't have been more accommodating in showing us the room before we checked in. It was very clean. The breakfast was kept well stocked. They are in the process of repainting and replacing carpet. It was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Expedia set this reservation up for graduation weekend at ND. Upon arrival the non smoking king bed rooms reserved were unavailable. The desk clerk, though attempting something like empathy, was somewhere near the end of a 48 hour shift, and was only marginally helpful. Of course that was after we interrupted his phone conversation with his girlfriend.The rooms are bare minimum, old, tired and probably have not been remodeled since the 60's. There is no pool, no gym, no printer for the lobby computer. The "Continental" breakfast was white toast, eggos, watered down juice and bad coffee.
This place is low budget by any standard. Except on ND weekend events when the standard $39 rate goes to $130/night. There are several options within walking distance of this place and we would suggest you use them instead. Lastly, I will never again use Expedia, who not only took over an hour on the phone to the Philippines to book it, but refused to cancel it after another 40 minute attempt to communicate with a agent with only minimal english.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark B
Washington, DC
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I'm not one to ever post reviews, but this was literally a nightmare experience. My girlfriend came for her first-ever ND football game and was in for a real treat. This hotel has bed bugs, and the hotel refuses to even acknowledge their existence. We stayed over for the USC-Notre Dame game, and woke up Saturday morning to see them crawling all over the bed. The hotel manager (ponytail) came in an acknowledged the problem at the time but said it was the first time he's ever seen it, which judging by the reviews below was a complete lie. Later, he backtracked and refused to state this was the problem... probably on direction from management.

Afterwards, we both came down sick with about 50+ bite marks/red bumps everywhere on our bodies which required medical attention. The hotel refused to compensate us at all for lost clothing (had to throw everything away), time dry cleaning the clothes that weren't exposed to the bugs, medical attention, and only refunded one night of a two night stay at $180 a night. They didn't follow-up with us, didn't return calls until we got to telemarketer-status, and in general just denied this was the problem. I'm sure they took one look at my DC-based addressed and figured I wouldn't waste time pressing charges so why care about making things right?

Outside of these issues (as if this wouldn't be enough), the toliet clogged, the floor looks like they've had water problems (can be damp), the sheets/towels look dirty and in general, the nice lobby and exterior does not match the quality of the rooms.

Stay away, at all costs! Seriously, suck it up and stay anywhere but here.... even if it means you'll need to drive to Elkhart to stay for a ND game.

Picture is a very, very sample of what they looked like. Much more intense on my other arm/torso.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY! Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank dtudesco
Clarksville, Indiana
Reviewed December 1, 2011

This hotel doesn't seem so bad from the outside, or even the hotel lobby. Located less than a mile from the mall, other shopping, plenty of restaurants, the location is perfect for someone who wants to have plenty to do. I stopped here while passing through on business during the middle of the week and found this hotel to be nearly empty. Once inside I could see why. The rooms are musty. There are no screens in the windows and they do not stay open, so you have no hope of airing it out. Shower had mold. Walls were stained. Sheets and towels were nearly bare from years of use. The staff was found to be sitting in the lobby on couches every time I left my room. Perhaps they could fire the staff not working and use that money to upgrade hotel? I did not even think to try breakfast due to the poor quality of the care they put into the hotel. I would not recommend this hotel. Spend your money to have a comfortable stay elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at this hotel this weekend for an ND home game. I believed it to be a great place to stay, particularly when you consider the value in comparison to other hotels in the area. When my family and I travel to ND, we like to stay in Mishawaka because it's close to everything, and I'm familiar with the area, having lived there for 3 years during my schooling at ND. Most hotels in the area will run you about double what I paid to stay here for a few nights, just to sleep in a room. Aside from that great value, the owner of the hotel was very nice, helpful, and friendly. I don't know if everyone else worked with the same person, but the guy who helped us out was nothing but accommodating. While the hotel was clean, and the linens, bathrooms, towels, etc., were acceptable to me, don't come here expecting the Ritz Carlton. You're paying a reasonable price to stay at a pretty basic hotel. And let's be serious, how many "creature comforts" do you need in your hotel for an ND game? You're not going to be in the hotel room other than to fall asleep. Do yourself a favor and save yourself several hundred dollars: book this hotel for ND home game weekends, use it for what it's for (sleeping and showering), and don't complain that you couldn't get room service. Just remember to bring your own pillow, because I have to say, they were the only thing that was pretty darn atrocious. :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mishawaka
Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - North
Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Mishawaka South Bend Area
Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham South Bend / At Notre Dame
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mishawaka, IN

Been to Super 8 Mishawaka/South Bend Area? Share your experiences!