“overnight stay while traveling” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites South Bend Mishawaka

Fairfield Inn & Suites South Bend Mishawaka
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Mishawaka
Cleveland, Ohio
“overnight stay while traveling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

After a very long day of traveling it was a pleasure to find a Fairfield to spend the night. This place is great and the pool was just what I needed to relax. The staff was cordial as anticipated and the property is well maintained. The king suite room was perfect for relaxation and catching up with work.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel is a great bargain. There are very clean and newly updated rooms. They are nicely decorated with modern colors. The exercise room has equipment that looks brand new. I found the room quiet and the bed and pillows very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was quite nice with a wide variety of food choices. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
South Bend, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Average hotel. I had to wait 15 mins at the front desk to check in - no staff present to assist. It was as though I was bothering them to check in. Overall the front desk staff was not very helpful. I would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms farther from the elevator are quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MishawakaFF_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Calvin S.
Thanks for taking time to review the Fairfield Inn & Suites Mishawaka. I'm sorry that when you arrived there was no one at the front desk. We are proud of the level of customer service we offer, and experiences like yours very much concern me. Please feel free to reach out to me personally with more information about your stay. I want to do everything possible to ensure others don't have the same issue. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate the high level of service you have come to expect from Marriott hotels.

Mary Stewart
Assistant General Manager
Mishawaka Fairfield Inn and Suites
425 W. University Dr. Mishawaka, IN 46545
574-273-2202
San Francisco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Hotel has been just remodel, standard average Fairfield inn hotel, When I check inn, their is no one in the front desk. I have to wait about 10 minutes before someone show up. Location is very close to shopping center and restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank winsir
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Winsir,
Thanks for taking time to review the Fairfield Inn & Suites Mishawaka. I'm glad that you enjoyed our convenient location near shopping and restaurants. I'm sorry that when you arrived there was no one at the front desk. We are proud of the level of customer service we offer, and experiences like yours very much concern me. Please feel free to reach out to me personally with more information about your stay. I want to do everything possible to ensure others don't have the same issue. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate the high level of service you have come to expect from Marriott hotels.

Steve T.
574-273-2202
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

It is hard to be disappointed in a Fairfield Inn. They are consistently managed, clean and comfortable. The differences come from the routine encounters with the hotel staff who can enhance your stay and make it more memorable than just another night on the road. Let me just say as a given that this particular hotel meets the general criteria I expect from a hotel in the Marriott chain. The room we had was clean, well-appointed with free wireless. The bathroom had a good shower with reasonable amenities. I liked the separation between the sink and vanity and the shower and commode area - more convenient in the mornings. On my way out with my luggage in the morning I was shocked to see a deluge of rain and just stood there wondering about getting to my car without getting soaked. Without saying a word the front desk manager was at my side holding out a large umbrella and told me to use it to get my car and bring it around to the entrance roofed area. I appreciated that gesture a lot! That made my stay memorable and gave me the impetus to highly recommend this particular hotel. Oh - the free breakfast was fine.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed here for the first time and loved it.Stephanie check to see if our room was ready and was able to check in early! That was a big plus for us since drove for 10 hours! Very newly updated. Breakfast was very good. There was a wide variety of foods to choose from and very well stocked. The breakfast host Amber was very polite and sweet. I have arthritis in my hands and was unable to get my milk opened and offered to help me. That is an example of excellent customer service! We will be back.

• Stayed April 2014
Forest, oh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have spent several nights at this location, due to its closeness to work, but not 100% sold on it. The rooms are nice, but the bathrooms very small. The internet kept kicking me off. The parking lot tends to flood slightly when there are heavy rains.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on third floor and in the back
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rebecca H
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Rebecca H,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites South Bend Mishawaka. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you experienced with our Wi/Fi and parking lot. I will address both of these concerns with my staff to ensure that everything is working properly. We appreciate your feedback and your business and hope that you will allow us to host you again the next time you are in the area.

Steve T.