“The best place for the price in Mishawaka”

Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Mishawaka
Reviewed November 15, 2013

You want a clean hot tub and pool? Do you want to walk into a shower and NOT get scared? Want a nice Hot breakfast every morning? THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY THEN. The front lobby and parking lot is always clean. The front desk is always ready to help. Towels are a plenty in the pool/hot tub area. The rooms are actually clean-not that musty smell that they spray Lysol to cover it. Huge King size bed and nice lcd flat screen tv in every room. I'm a picky person, so that's why I stay at this place EVERYTIME I visit Mishawaka. Even the new manager Connie is keeping that place friendly and fun. Its honestly the best place to stay for the price.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed November 4, 2013

First, let me say that we paid $300 a night plus taxes for our stay on a football weekend.....I realize this is the going rate in South Bend on a football weekend but I honestly expected more for that price. We had booked on Orbitz and when we checked in, the front desk person told us we had gotten a handicap room because we booked through a 3rd party (she made it sound like it was a subpar room). As it turned out, room was very nice and comfortable. Front desk comment was unnecessary! Hairdryer overheated - we had to call for service and they were friendly. My daughter forgot her toothbrush and they did not have any cheap extras at the front desk. Breakfast was so-so (so didn't even have it the second day) - crowded, supplies low, waited for coffee, food just ok, etc. Seems like they could ramp that up on weekends when people are paying so much. Housekeeping was disappointing. We came back after a long day at the game and found our beds made but coffee cups full of old coffee and not thrown away. I think because we paid so much for the room this irritated me more than it usually would (yes, I suppose we should have thrown it away ourselves to begin with!)! Location was convenient to ND, restaurants, etc . Overall, I'd stay here again on a non-football weekend but would never pay that much again for this property.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Backtomaui,
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn. I'm so very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us, and I will address your comments with my entire staff. I hope the next time you are in the area, you can give us another opportunity to change your mind.

Connie H.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

As this was the first time I'd ever tried a Best Western Property, I was going full faith on the TripAdvisor reviews. As usual, that proved to be a good way to go.
The property is located a few miles off of the Capital avenue exit from the I-80/90 Tollway, close to the Mall as well as several dining options within a short drive. While located behind a Fairfield, it was well signed and easy to spot from University Drive.
With my AAA discount, I was able to secure a King room for $89, which was $25-40 less than the comparable brands in the area. Check in was very quick, and the property is very clean and obviously recently renovated and updated.
The room was what you would expect from this type of hotel - nice size, well appointed, and sensibly laid out for a business traveler. As with the rest of the property, it was impeccably clean. Despite being a few hundred feet from the Tollway, I didn't hear it at all.
I didn't use it, but the pool looked nice, and had a huge (think mini-pool) hot tub as well. Breakfast was about average, with hot choices (omelets) as well as the continental fair.
The only thing I could find fault with was the staff. No one was rude or caused me any problems, but they were by no means friendly or inviting. The young lady working when I checked in looked like she'd rather have been anywhere else in the world, and barely spoke a word - no information on the facilities, breakfast, etc. The morning crew never so much as acknowledged my presence. Not huge issues, but enough to keep things from being excellent.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel was a Hampton and I had stayed there many times. Now it is a Best Western, very confusing at first. The Best Western brand is making a huge improvement. The room was clean and nicely decorated, the check-in staff was friendly and nice and even the housekeeping staff passing in the hall had a smile and a warm greeting.
Breakfast was the typical larger hotel breakfast with a lot of selections. I ate at the end of the breakfast hour, but the staff wasn't rushing me out. I enjoy the waffles at these places and had a piece of sausage that was very good.
There is a large indoor pool that I've seen families enjoying in the past. It makes it nice for families traveling with children and others who enjoy swimming.
The television was a large flat screen with a good picture. The best part is a refrigerator and a microwave. I'm always happy to have those luxury items.
Parking was close and easy. The price was right, too. Great value for the price. Of course, it was a weeknight at the beginning of the week. I'm sure it's more expensive on weekends of Notre Dame games. Go Irish!
I recommend this hotel and will be staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: The view on the east side of the hotel is a Menard's lumber yard and the west side overlooks the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear CarmelKinesic,
Thank you so much for the kind words, they will get passed on to our entire staff. They take such pride in their work, and comments like this make their day. I am also glad that you liked our facility and amenities. Every room we have has a refrigerator and microwave as you mentioned, along with a new flat screen television. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Mishawaka/South Bend area!

Erica W.
Property Manager

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had a wonderful three days at this hotel, primarily because of the manager, Connie. She was friendly, knowledgeable and has great common sense. She also knows the area very well and was able to direct us to a very nice restaurant for dinner. She also runs the place very well. The rooms are really clean, and the housekeeping staff is very friendly.

She also did something I've never seen at a hotel before. She came through the breakfast room, greeted the guests and checked to see that everything was in good shape.

This was an extraordinarily good hotel stay.

Room Tip: We were in 201 -- although facing Menard's, it was very quiet. Also, the windows opened -- a rea...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I am so lucky to have found a great hotel, with a great price, and a superior staff. The rooms smell good and clean. The staff is excellent to talk to. They will actually go over and beyond the call of duty to make you feel more comfortable. I actually REFUSE to stay anywhere else.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Johnny C,
We love to hear great comments like this one! I will definitely share it with my staff. We are very happy to be the only hotel you stay at when in the area. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!!

Kind regards,
Erica W.
Property Manager

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Let me start with the good stuff. Great check in and arrival was smooth. House is clean as is the room. No odor anywhere. Clean hallways and well maintained outside. Breakfast was what you would expect and the breakfast area was clean and not overly busy for the four days we were there. First full day of exploring South Bend was good and we returned to find the towels were changed but the bed was not made up. Now we don't expect fresh sheets every day or even at any time during a three night stay but we do expect the bed to be made up. We checked in with the desk as we left for our afternoon travels and the bed was done up. The next day it was done but there was no new coffee or any of that stuff that should be topped up every day. The third day, no bed made and just garbage removed. No coffee or bed made. We had decided to leave a day early as our return home was going to be long and we chose to stay in Port Huron to break the trip up. my wife had had enough and the night before check out had a chat with the new manager Amy. She explained that a staff member was fired (I have heard this before, elsewhere) and was very generous with the compensation. I didn't go down because I am less patient. This was a supervisory and training issue in my mind and I hope the new manager has things well in hand now. We would recommend this hotel as it's a nice place to stay, but I do hope they have their staffing issues dealt with.

Room Tip: Check Trip Advisor before you book to see if the issues are fixed. IF they are then get into this ho...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Formathe,
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Plus Mishawaka. I'm glad that your check in was smooth and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I'm very sorry about the problems you had with housekeeping. I have already addressed your concerns to ensure that future guests do not have the same issues. I hope the next time you are in the area you will give us another chance to show you the level of service of which we are capable.

Connie H.