“Newly renovated rooms but special requests aren't honored”

Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Mishawaka
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This is a typical Courtyard but the rooms have recently been renovated and are so much nicer than most other Courtyards from a décor standpoint. My only disappointment was that I had specifically requested a balcony room when I reserved the room but then they said none were available at check in. I stay at Marriott properties often (over 900 nights on my profile and I'm a platinum premier member) so I thought they would have honored my request since they have plenty of balcony rooms. I guess they don't look at the request section of reservations prior to check in. So, good hotel and a friendly staff but don't expect any special requests to be honored even if you are a platinum member.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian30135
Gyorgy B, General Manager at Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear Brian,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms, but I am very sorry that we were unable to accomodate your balcony request. I am not sure what happened, but we always try to honor all requests. I don't know if you had a king room or one with two double beds. We only have two rooms in the hotel with two double beds that have balconies and all the rest are king rooms. Again, I am very sorry that your request wasn't honored for you and we definitely want to make sure we will do so next time. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Newly renovated, clean, comfortable room, and good service. Convenient location and good lobby area. I've stayed here on and off through the years and pleased to see the renovation. All you can really can axe from a Courtyard.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Gyorgy B, General Manager at Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear the you like the recent remodel of the hotel and we really appreciate your business.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Newly renovated is a bonus and a great staff makes this our companies choice for staying in Mishawaka. After your first stay they remember your name and are always helping with a smile.

We have been using this hotel for more then 10 years to meet our needs.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your continued loyalty for so many years. We really appreciate your business.

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

The people who work here are so very nice and helpful. We stayed here for a death in the family. They accommodated all of my family arriving at different times and leaving at different times. We were all so grateful for their thoughtfulness. I will stay here again when in town. The rooms are super clean and the food is just excellent.

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for your kind words regarding staff and the new rooms. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here a few years back and wasn't thrilled with the hotel. I couldn't get into the first choice so I booked here and am happy I did. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The makeover since the last visit is outstanding. The location puts you close to ND and plenty of restaurants so there is no complaint there. I will stay again when I get back to South Bend

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

We are happy that you gave us another chance and that your enjoyed the renovated hotel. We are excited to hear you'll stay with us again during your next trip.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

This is a typical Courtyard, and the staff was great. One of the things that was very nice was that the color scheme is different than any other Courtyard I have been at (and I'm at Courtyards every week!!), and the greys they use feel much more modern and updated. While I am not really a fan of grey, this was well done. I suspect the carpets will not stand up to the test of time, and will show a lot of stains, it was a really nice change. Also, this Courtyard has the elevator right by where you check in - love that!! The typical Courtyard has the elevator in a very odd place - there is usually only one, halfway down a guest room hall, and there is a ton of walking. That is not the case here, and is much appreciated considering I usually have several things to bring in. it is close to several restaurants, and one of the better places to stay in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank WJ2011
Gyorgy B, General Manager at Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your business and thank you for taking the time to write a review. Based on your comments your stay was enjoyable, however the ratings don't necessarily show that. If there was anything we could have done better we would like to know about it, so we could improve. Again thank you for your loyalty to the Courtayrd Brand. Sincerely, Gyorgy Baumann General Manager

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This Marriott has been completely renovated per the nice young lady that checked me in Sunday night. The Lobby while almost identical to other CbMs, just seemed fresher. My room was nice, very similar to all other like properties. I would say the noise level with my road facing room was a little louder than I expected, but it didn't keep me awake. If you are traveling with a family, I would say three to four (two adults, rest kids) could easily make do in a double bed room. I would definitely stay here again. Great location for anything you are doing in the SB/Misha area. I have to compliment the staff on Sunday evening and Monday morning. They were extremely friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I had a third floor room not far from elevator, but right next to ice machine. If they had been ful...