Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsnotre damepull out chairfront desksouth bend mishawakamain stnice personnice roombeds were comfortablefootball gamebistromarriottlobbycampuscarpetelevatorgrill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed at this property a number of times over the past few years. This past week we stayed for four days. The rooms are always clean and the staff is professional. The size of the rooms are fine--but there is room for improvement. We find two double beds rather than two queens a bit "less comfortable" than we would like. It is tough to sleep two adults in a double! Granted this is a common configuration in many hotels but I think it is something Marriott may want to consider changing. Also, the pillows are just not the best. Again, I realize that pillow are extremely personal. That being said, it would be nice to have a mixture of firmer and softer pillows available in the room. One more little "nitpick" thing...the temperature in the small gym room is WAY to high...I did not bother to inform management but it is really too hot in there.

Overall, this property is always our first choice when going to the South Bend/Mishawaka area. The location is excellent and proximate to all of the restaurants/shopping. Again, the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is the bed situation and pillows. Great place to stay...will continue to make it my destination when visiting SB and Mishawaka...

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the hotel--facing away from Main street. Not that noisy in the from but worth it to face the back
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Gyorgy B, General Manager at Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay! We really appreciate your comments. I am glad to say that as we also realized that we had an issue with the temperature in the excersize room and not being able to keep it at desired temperature, so we decided to install a seperate air conditioning system for it and it should be installed in the next few weeks. Have a great day!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I've stayed here plenty of times over the past decade. As other reviewers have mentioned, what stands out about this property is the staff. Many of them have worked at the property for years. Check-in was delightful (as always). The clerk recognized my platinum elite status and upgraded me to a suite.

The first phase of the renovation is now complete, so the lobby is new and the dining area is now a bistro.

The one downside are the rooms. While it was clean, the carpet and furnishings are really starting to show their age. The climate control is also primitive (dial thermostat on unit) which makes it hard to control the temperature. Fortunately, a staff member informed me that room renovations will start later this year.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Gyorgy B, General Manager at Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback and the nice note you sent to Marriott. I hope your arm is getting better by now and we are looking forward to having you back soon.
Greetings from the entire staff!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I broke my arm falling over my briefcase during a business trip last week. The staff went above and beyond in taking care of me after my accident. A special thanks to Treyla Elliott and Cassie Oh but all the front desk staff and bistro staff were super too! I swap between Marriott and one other chain but will lean more to Marriott whenever possible from now on!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was my first visit to the Courtyard - Marriott South Bend Mishawaka. I found the staff to be exceptionally welcoming and concerned that I had my needs met. The lobby, computer area and room were update and clean. It is located in an area of Mishawaka near shopping and dining. I would recommend this Courtyard.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Gyorgy B, Manager at Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your stay and we would love to have you back when you are in the South Bend area.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I work in the area and have stayed here 20+ times and always get the best service. If you need to schedule a group contact the sales coordinator Nichole she is the best! The remodeled lobby features a Bistro concept with great food. I have never had a bad experience and the rooms are always very clean.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Gyorgy B, General Manager at Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. We hope to see you soon.