Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka
$139
$87
$113
Home2.com
Varsity Clubs of America(Mishawaka)(Great Value!)
$132
Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn(Mishawaka)(Great Value!)
$75
$89
Fairfield Inn & Suites South Bend Mishawaka(Mishawaka)(Great Value!)
$112
$95
$93
All reviewsnotre damepull out chairfront desksouth bend mishawakamain stnice personnice roombeds were comfortablefootball gamebistromarriottlobbycampuscarpetelevatorgrill
Reviewed October 3, 2012

First impression was good, as formerly mentioned, the lobby area has been renovated and you cansee that. The receptionist, was very courteous and gave me all the information needed to get around inside and outside the hotel. As i left the elevator on the 3rd lvl, and while walking towards my room, i noticed a big spot in the middle of the carpet (first impressions.....). When i opened my room i was hit by the smell of stale cigarette smoke, which i reported since i didnt want to run the chance of getting charged a fee on the next day (i was offered another room, which i declined).
The bed needs an update too, compared to other Courtyards it is definitely on the creaky end of the spectrum (room 331). Last item on the list: closeby seems to be a takeout, since you can here the freakin loudspeaker loud and clear, even with closed window (which tells you how soundproof the windows are....)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Gyorgy B, Manager at Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

I am sorry for the delay on responsing. Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenieces we have caused you with the items you have mentioned. Your feedback has helped us a lot and I hope you will give us another chance when you are in the area.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is a typical Courtyard with a newly remodeled lobby with the Bistro concept. The location is perfect for conducting business in the South Bend/Mishawaka area as well as visits to Notre Dame or St Joes hospital. There are some good restaurants in the area and I would not hesitate to stay here on a future visit to the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting friends in the area. The location is very convenient to the local hospital and UP mall. I especially enjoyed the Panera Bread that is only 2 blocks away. parking is free and plentiful. There are no sidewalks so walking to local attractions is not a good option.

Our room was pretty basic as expected. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower was hot with good pressure. I agree with another poster that the TV remotes do not work well. Even though the bed is not far from the TV, it took lots of effort (sitting up, leaning close) to get the remote to operate from the bed. Drawer space was adequate, the desk was convenient. The free Wifi worked well every day. We were in room 329 and had a decent view of a side yard and a small playground (never used). It was quiet at all times.

The lobby is recently renovated. The decor is modern and bright.

I would not recommend the on-site restaurant, the Bistro. I think their only cooking apparatus is a microwave and a toaster oven. We ordered some flatbread appetizers and it was disappointing- greasy and limp. There are many fabulous restaurants within a few blocks of the hotel so skip the Bistro.

The staff was friendly and smart. They were very helpful in calling a cab to take my husband to the airport early one morning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Very good location. Lobby looks renovated. My reservation was for a room with a jacuzzi tub. The first room didn't have the tub - glad that I asked before we trekked all the way to the room to find out it wasn't what I reserved. The woman at the front desk was very nice and fixed it right away. Then, our remote didn't work correctly...we left it at the front desk while we went out to eat. They put fresh batteries but then only checked it standing right in front of the tv so when we tried it from the bed - it didn't work well. (They did give us extra Marriott points and an apology the first time around.) My husband took it back to the front desk and again they put in fresh batteries...still didn't work great but we were tired of asking. We were in town for a party and went to bed late knowing we could sleep in...At some horrible early morning hour our alarm clock went off. We hadn't touched it so it must have been left on the the cleaning staff. I complained at the front desk and they gave us half off the room for the night. I couldn't go back to sleep so that was not very pleasant. If the clock hadn't gone off, I would have gotten a good night sleep because the bed itself was very comfortable. They did send another apology via email, so I am impressed that they cared enough to do that!

Room Tip: Make sure they give you the room that you reserved!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I went for the Notre Dame game there in the fall. It was a great place to stay. I recomend this place. I woul stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011