“STAY AWAY-BUGS”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Mishawaka
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our family booked 4 rooms in this hotel last weekend since we were traveling to the football game(temple vs notre dame). Reservations were made in July and it was the only hotel nearby with availability. The place is disgusting. Dirty, dated, and our bed had black bugs in it which we discovered when pulling back the sheets late at night. The blanket between the sheets had black hair and stains on it. The ceiling vent had clumps of dust stuck to it blowing around. The only chair to sit in had stains, old debri ( peanuts and money) in the cushion. We alerted the receptionist who came to the room and also had a look of disbelief on her face. We were given the only other available room at the opposite end of the hall which we promptly tore apart and heated the mattress with a blow dryer checking for bugs. I tried calling around other hotels but no rooms available. We stayed and didn't sleep over an hour... I am trying to reach the manager and owner to share my pictures with them. Please choose another place.

4  Thank bailey04
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here because we were going to go blueberry picking at an organic blueberry farm the next day. The hotel seems old and tired. Carpet is worn. Things don't seem that clean. I wanted to take a bath and the tub drain would not seal. I asked housekeeping to help me and two ladies could not so no bath for me. If you need a place to sleep, it's fine, but I wouldn't stay here for more than a night.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had no problems with the accessible room itself. The bathtub has a swing-over seat with good handrails (although it could use a vertical one on the side). The bathroom door opens in the proper direction (it's surprising how many require one to pass the door and then open it while squeezed in next to the hall door). There was a baseball tournament going on, and early on there was some noise, and always a lot of kids (especially during breakfast).

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Let me start out by saying we were lucky to get a room at any decent hotel on such short notice after our fiasco at Niles Inn and Conference Center; there was a baton twirling competition going on locally and every hotel within the area was booked solid. That said, we were thankful Comfort Inn had a room for us - albeit with their normal rates through the roof. :/

Our room for two nights was comfortable and spacious enough for four people. Even with a full house of guests, we were not bothered by noise. We did have to call the Front Desk to request more towels (only 2 bath towels for 4 of us.)

We had counted on a good breakfast but were utterly disappointed - and I'm not sure if it was because of the number of guests or just lack of organization in making sure there was enough food available at all times. When we first arrived at the breakfast area, it was crowded with people and the only things available were a few bagels and pastries and eggs. By the time the rest of the food was ready and brought out (biscuits, sausage gravy, more pastries, etc.) more guests arrived and it was impossible to get to anything before it was gone again. We left and went elsewhere for breakfast.

But what lowers my rating is after we had checked out. When we arrived home (approx. 7 hours after departing the hotel) my husband discovered that he had left two pairs of shorts hanging on the hook of the bathroom door. We immediately called Comfort Inn and explained what had happened. The front desk didn't seem too concerned; asked me to describe the shorts and then sent someone to look and see if they were still in the room. She told us no shorts had been found and they had not been turned over to the front desk. She nonchalantly said they'd call if the shorts were found. I asked if she had our phone number..."Oh, yeah, what is it. And what was your name again?" Obviously she had no intention of actually following through on it.

I realize it is not Comfort Inn's responsibility to look after our belongings, and we are not in the habit of being careless with our items. However, we once neglected to pack a swimsuit at a hotel; that hotel called us before we ever reached home and offered to mail the suit to us immediately. THAT is service and THAT is what the hospitality industry is all about.

So - staying here was comfortable but disheartening. If you can get their normal rates (not at an event time) and you don't count the continental breakfast as a perk, it would not be a bad stay. Just don't expect concierge service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My kids and I stayed here for a week during baton twirling Nationals at Notre Dame, and although the price was very good, and the hotel was close to Notre Dame, everything else was sub-par to say the least. The first night my son tried to sleep on the pull-out couch, the whole bottom part of the frame collapsed, so I had to move his mattress to the floor. I notified the front desk immediately, and they told me there were no more rooms available to move us to, so they would send a maintenance worker up to look at the couch. He came to the room 2 days later, and said he would be back with a replacement couch. He never came back. The second day of our stay our toilet clogged and almost overflowed. When my son went to the front desk to report it, they handed him a plunger!!! We almost never got enough towels for 4 people when the room was cleaned, and we ran out of toilet paper twice. The breakfast was HORRIBLE - no hot food besides processed round flat eggs and biscuits. Same thing every day for a week. I have stayed at 5 or 6 Comfort Inn's in the last year, and have never had problems. This was the worst Comfort Inn I have ever stayed in. Next year, I'll spend a little more money for a quality hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Carol T
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I gave this hotel two stars only because it was inexpensive (we used a military discount) compared to the other hotels in the area. They must give a lot of group discounts because there was a baseball group there the night we stayed and they were drinking beer in the lobby and loud voices outside until well after midnight. Another reviewer mentioned the same problem. My bed was comfortable, but the sheets didn't fit. They were pulled real tight, but most of the mattress was still showing. The wallpaper was from the 1980 -- big borders around the top. The wi-fi was very weak and kept coming and going. The front desk people were pleasant.
The place really needs to be refurbished.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Adequate but not great. Here for daughter's ND graduation so just 2 nights. The breakfast was the typical Comfort Inn carbo-load breakfast, the Internet speed was so slow that I could not download work files or even get to my email, the coffee pot in the room didn't work, there was almost no staff here to take care of difficulties or answer questions. It's in the midst of malls so you cannot even walk to better place for breakfast or coffee. The room was adequately clean so that's a point in their favor. But I think I could have found a better place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family