“Very nice hotel.”

Residence Inn South Bend Mishawaka
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Mishawaka
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

All around great hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are quiet and well appointed. Amenities are nice with a pool/hot tub, basketball and exercise room, computer and printer available in the lobby. Location is convenient to several restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: April 2013
Melinda K, General Manager at Residence Inn South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Steve D,

First of all, thank you for choosing us this past weekend! Your feedback is very valuable for us, and we appreciate your time.
On behalf of the entire staff I am saying we're glad you enjoyed your stay and are hoping to have you back as our guest very soon!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn South Bend Mishawaka

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I can usually count on the consistency of the Residence Inns and this was no exception. Prompt friendly check in, clean room and good breakfast. I would definitely stay here if I go back to South Bend/Mishawaka.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sonny844,
Thank you for your feedback and please note, customer loyalty is our ultimate goal at the Residence Inn by Marriott Mishawaka. Your comment is much appreciated. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed here recently while visiting The University of Notre Dame with my daughter. Basically a five minute drive from the campus. several restaurants located nearby ( Red Lobster, Houlihan's, Red Robin IHOP etc) This is one of the newer prototype RI's run by White Lodging. The room was typical RI fare, kitchenette with 2 burners, frig, microwave, dishwasher. Sofa with pullout cocktail table with an ottoman tucked underneath, desk w/ free wired and wireless Internet. Also king bed that unfortunately was very noisy. Sounded like the coil springs weren't wrapped. Big improvements in the bath area, gone are the fiberglass tubs replace by a steel tub and Corian type walls, curved shower rod and shower head that you could actually adjust. Breakfast was included and had several hot (eggs, bacon, waffles) and cold items and a friendly staff. The breakfast room was small but not overcrowded even though the hotel was sold out. I made my reservation for "move in" weekend at the college before I left. Great stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Melinda K, General Manager at Residence Inn South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for telling us about your experience during your stay with us here at Residence Inn Mishawaka. We are happy to be so near the University of Notre Dame and are delighted to hear this suited your convenience. We are also glad you enjoyed your time with our staff, our full hot and cold breakfast in the morning, and all the local restaurants we have nearby. We appreciate you letting us know about the springs in our mattress, and will certainly look into increasing its comfort. Your feedback has been invaluable to us, however, and we hope to in the future see you again!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a great hotel/ long term residence. I have been staying for over a mnth now and am glad I chose this place. I looked at the extended stay norh, didn't like what I saw. I immmediately went to the south location. Stayed for a week, not very happy or satisfied. Once I came to Residence Inn, it was nicer and cleaner and had way more ammenities. It was twelve dollars a night more expensive but well worth it for all of the extra's I received. If I need to stay anywhere long term my first stop will be the local Residence Inn.

Room Tip: Studios are great, but if you have kids with you or visiting, then get a single room, it will offer...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Melinda K, General Manager at Residence Inn South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

I am glad to hear you are enjoying your long-term stay with us, and that you feel much more satisfied here than at other extended stay locales. I hope you are getting a chance to try out our complimentary light dinner and drinks during our social nights or enjoying some time in our indoor pool and spa. If there is more we could do to make your stay comfortable, please feel welcome to let me know or stop on by my office. We appreciate your residence with us, and hope to continue providing a pleasant and refreshing stay.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had a meeting nearby so chose this hotel since I'm a Gold Rewards member and wanted the night. Got a thank you and a tiny bottle of water as a member. Room was spacious, clean and welcoming. Furniture a bit worn, but they can't renew every day. Bed comfortable. Breakfast nice. More than served its purpose. I'll stay there again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We are glad to hear our location was convenient for your meeting in town. At Residence Inn Mishawaka, we definitely appreciate your Gold membership with us, and your insights into all the things you enjoyed and noticed during your stay. Please, feel free to come back and stay with us in the future!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed here as a family recently while I was on a business trip to the area. The employees are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast and the nightly appreciation dinner were ok and presented fair options for food that are on par with other RI properties. The fitness center was very busy both in the morning and evening which makes it hard to get your workout in. Pool was great and enjoyable. As mentioned in other reviews the location is close to many restaurants and shopping areas and that is great if you need to run out for something.

Now, the minor issues that we saw. The carpeting is starting to show some age and wear. Minor odors around the halls and fitness center. Windows were found unlocked when we entered our room.

Overall, this is good location and the minor issues don't outweigh the goods. If we were to be back in the area for an extended stay we would most likely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback about our location, I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast, social amenities, and our friendly staff. I appreciate you letting me know about the weariness of some of the carpeting, and will definitely have our maintenance staff do some touching up and spring cleaning to help with those. Concerning our meal offerings though, I would be delighted to hear any ideas as to how we could make our dishes fantastic. Please, let me know your thoughts, and stop on by with us again any time you are in town!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Nice little hotel, surrounded by many places to eat and shop. Hotel staff were very welcoming and thanked me for my participation in their rewards program. Complimentary breakfast was always hot and fresh. In room coffee maker was a full size pot. Unlike many other hotels, that only provide a 2 cup experience. Hotel was always clean and staff always greeted ne when they saw me. They treated me like I was a welcome guest and that is why I will stay there again the next time I am in town,

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tony A
Melinda K, General Manager at Residence Inn South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

We are glad to hear you enjoyed our proximity to many shopping centers and fine places to eat, and that the in-room coffee capacity was to your liking. We at Residence Inn Mishawaka take immense pride in the quality of our amenities and rooms, and your compliments toward these features and our staff are much appreciated. I am glad your stay with us was an enjoyable one, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!