Baymont Inn & Suites Mishawaka South Bend Area
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Mishawaka
Des Moines, Iowa
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Excellent value. It feels good here: Super clean, comfortable, pleasing.

This is the first motel of its class we've seen to feature real plates, bowls, mugs, and silverware at breakfast--no piles of crappy styrofoam garbage. Food items included a very large dish of cut up fresh fruit (pineapple, grapes, melons), yogurt, granola, hot oatmeal, eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereal, bagels, muffins, make-your-own waffles, apples, peanut butter, juice, coffee, milk, tea, etc. Usually these places are all styrofoam and carbs at breakfast, so this was a pleasant departure.

We picked up a coupon book from a rest area and used it for our room--no idea if it represented a great savings or not, but we think the value was EXCELLENT based on comparable stays elsewhere. The rate was $65 for two queen beds, plus $5.00 more per person beyond two people. We told the clerk at check-in that there were four of us, but he did not charge us for the extra two people.Total cost of the room after taxes was $76.00 and change.

The motel is in a retail area with a Target, Pier One, Applebees (across the street), as well as some smaller retail places within blocks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pebble Beach, California
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Got a room here when it was time to stop driving and take a rest. Just like the previous reviewer comments, I was pleased with my warm reception by Elyse (what a gem), a clean and large room (studio suite), and a very comfortable stay. Breakfast was pretty typical, but I like oatmeal and fruit for breakfast. I'd stop here again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TracyTraveler
Medinah, Illinois
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Clean, friendly, safe and great hot breakfast! All at a very low cost. Rooms could use an upgrade but they are very comfortable and spacious. Will keep coming back to CIS.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank teresitail
Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel was just ok. It is a little old but not run down. The room is comfortable but could use an update. The front desk was not the most helpful when I wanted to get late checkout. I wanted an extra hour in case the marathon I was running didn't go as planned but they couldn't tell me until 5am in the morning?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank anonymous-john
Oak Park, IL
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I have not been a guest at this Country Inn and Suites for several years but because of my Club Carlson points to help defray part of the cost, I decided it was an excellent choice. I was very pleased with the overall decor and the staff provided excellent service. My three concerns are minor overall...the bath products are not the quality I remember, the breakfast is also very average, and most of all, I wish that they had figured out a way to install an elevator after so many years. In lieu of that, the front desk staff helped me up and down with my suitcase and I am appreciative for their support. And there is now a refrigerator/microwave in each unit. Even with my concerns, I would stay again in the near future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Chayadina
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 6, 2012

The staff at this hotel is very friendly and makes you feel welcome, to the point they almost spoil you! Everyone you meet says hello and is willing to make you feel comfortable . It was most impressive to me that when I recently called to change the day of my reservation, the manager and staff remembered me from my last stay! Before the holidays started, one day I even went home with a homemade pie from one of the staff. It made the normally long and boring ride home more pleasureable! I am overnight an average of 3 nights per week and wish every place I stayed was like this hotel. The rooms are very quiet and comfortable and flat screen TV's were recently added. I appreciate having the fitness room and pool available to get some excercise. Other than the staff, my favorite amenety is the fresh popcorn that greets you in the lobby when you walk in the warm and inviting lobby. On a scale of 1-10 this hotel is an 11! Enjoy!

Room Tip: All locations in hotel are usually quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ron R
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 17, 2011

From the moment I arrived enjoyed the atmosphere created in the lobby.
Had that warm, cozy feel to it.
Such pretty Holiday decorations I was inspired to take photos.
(even the note to Santa was adorable - with cookies & milk)

Front desk was very helpful.
Morning Breakfast was good - but was looking for a light snack like yogurt.
Overall, easy to find location & great value for visiting friends in the area.

Room Tip: If you don't mind walking up only one flight of stairs this hotel has no elevator for anyone w...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends