“Excellent and adventurous food near South Bend!”

Sunny's Korean Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 197 Restaurants in Mishawaka
Cuisines: Korean, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Sunny’s Korean Restaurant has been operating in Mishawaka since March of 1992. For nearly 20 years we have had the pleasure of sharing with the community homemade, fresh, healthy, and delicious Korean cuisine. ‘Sunny’, who hails from South Korea, fuses her style and creativity into traditional Korean dishes delivering something special in every bite. All items can be ordered mild, spicy, or hot according to your liking and include no MSG.We offer an ‘All You Can Eat’ buffet on Friday & Saturday evenings (5p-9p), featuring a 2 or 3 meat special for $16.95 & $24.95. Included is your choice of Soup, Appetizer, Side Dishes, Steamed Rice, and 3-4 Entrees.Reservations & Big Parties are Welcome. Catering, Private Parties, and Cooking Lessons Available.We look forward to seeing you for lunch or dinner soon!
Michigan
“Excellent and adventurous food near South Bend!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I used to visit this quiet restaurant tucked into a neighborhood not far from US 20 a couple of times a year while traveling but hadn't been here in ages. Arrived at 5:30 tonight and had the same excellent service and meal as on previous visits. My husband and I are vegetarian and most of the menu is "convertible" by substituting veggies or tofu for the meat elements. Tonight we started with two appetizers: zucchini pancakes served with Sunny's homemade teriyaki sauce (actually everything, including the cheesecake desserts, is made in-house), and gaagie (sauteed spicy and sweet eggplant). Plus a side of spinach kimchee which was like a fresh, spicy salad. For dinner we had veggie versions of Chop Chae (Sliced beef or tofu, assorted vegetables and spinach sautéed in sesame oil with sweet potato noodles) and Dolsot Bi Bim Bob (Super hot bowl of Korean rice covered with marinated vegetables, Bool go Kee, and topped with a fried egg.) Both are mild dishes with options to add spicy sauce or spicy kimchee. All are super fresh, super healthy and super wonderful to eat. If you've never had Korean food, don't worry--the servers will be of great assistance as to what to order and what sauces go best with each dish. If you like Chinese or Thai, you'll love this food!!!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Veghead

Indiana
“Re-review top marks!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

First sit down at Sunny's and can only say wow. First off service was good despite a one man show and a crowded restaurant. Got the Friday all-u-can eat 3 meat for two! Great meal, good value, great all around experience. Go here, I repeat, go here for good food!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank sunshineandbiscuit
Elkhart, Indiana
“Very nice place to eat”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've eaten at Sunny's only once so far, but I have to admit that the experience was great. Before hand, I had only once eaten Korean food. Now that I've eaten here, I'm now hooked on Korean cuisine. Immediately after eating at this restaurant I began looking for other Korean restaurants to satisfy the craving, but no other restaurant compares with the unique taste of Sunny's dishes. I would really love to go back to this place and eat again

Though I would like to say only positive things about Sunny's, the restaurant does have it's imperfections. I noticed how only one song was played over and over again repeatedly the entire time I was there, which can be a bit annoying for those who complain over such things. I consider this a very small and humorous gripe, but it would help to play at least two songs. Again, this was just something I found a bit humorous. But in all seriousness, I was a little disappointed seeing how jajangmyun was not on the menu, seeing that it's a very common dish in Korea.

To sum things up, the positive experience you will have at this restaurant will totally outweigh the negative, and I would highly recommend Sunny's to anyone who wants a taste of Korean cuisine.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Errick K
Millersburg, Indiana
“Got Korean?”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Sunny's is all made there in the restaurant. Sunny makes everything herself and will even come out to greet the customers between orders if she can. I really like Sunny's when the mood strikes for Korean food.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Heidi D
PORTAGE
“Best Korean food in years”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I previously lived in Hawaii and had authentic Korean food for years. While working in Chicago I never found anywhere that could come close. While in South Bend I found this place on yelp and visited it on a whim. I am so glad I did! The food is amazing and Sunny is an awesome host! Go try this place, you will not be disappointed!

• Visited November 2012