“So so Seoul!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
South Bend
“So so Seoul!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Took family for an early Christmas get together and adult kids are big sushi lovers. First off, husband and son ordered green tea which was served in cheap mugs with Christmas teddy bears on them and green tea bags from KROGERS. Fried rice was crunchy and hard. When I asked about it and voiced my displeasure, server noted that was "Korean style." Not much flavor either. Main meal, (Teryaki salmon) was OK and the sushi eaters thought their meals were unremarkable. $120 which included the tip, for five people, and nothing was exceptional for that price. Atmosphere was so so and very cold sitting by the entry. Table was crowded trying to fit five people and the table was made even more so with cheap containers (cows?) for salt and pepper shakers, sticky bottle of soy sauce, etc. Not very appetizing. Very disappointed and won't be back.

• Visited December 2012

Berrien Springs, Michigan
“Great Bibimbap”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have eaten at Seoul Garden twice now - once in May 2012 and again in September 2012. The address shown here is not correct. This was the old location. They moved over the summer and are now on W. McKinley Avenue closer to Bethel College. The new space is much better and so is the parking. Both visits the waiter was friendly and helpful and the bibimbap was great. I haven't eaten anything else, so I can't give any feedback on other things, but #3 bibimbap is excellent. I travel to Korea twice a year for several weeks and this tastes just like what I get at the corner restaurant in Seoul. The only reason I didn't rate it excellent was that I haven't tried a lot of things, so I'm not sure how all the rest of the food is.

• Visited September 2012
“Ok at best!!!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

I was in South Korea for over a year and this by far met any of my expectations.
I have had better Kimchi from a bottle of the local store and as for the other sides only one was good but I could not tell you what it was. As far as the. Bulgogi was concerned it was to sweet and I could have made better at home. For me and my buddy, he has also be to South Korea and eat the great food their, we would have been better off eating at a crappy Chinese place and paid half the price. One good thing about the place the coca-cola was spot on!!!

South Bend, Indiana
“Never again!”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

My partner is Korean. We were looking forward to some delicious Korean food. To be fair, the food was edible, not bad but certainly not great. The servings were pricey and minuscule. The place did not give you the impression of cleanliness. We've eaten at Korean places all over the world. To say this is authentic is bit of a stretch. Some of the other reviews created an expectation that simply was not met. The night we were there was memorable but not in a positive way. This is not a place to which we would send friends.

• Visited December 2011
Granger, Indiana
“Excellent Authentic Korean plus sushi bar”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Seoul Garden is authentic Korean with the bonus of a fresh sushi bar. The food is fresh and very good. The atmosphere is typical of Korean restaurants with lots of souvenirs from years of visits home. Our son, who married into a Korean family was thrilled to find this gem. He gives it four stars. We have enjoyed many lunches there, and will be back.

• Visited May 2011