“Spotty service”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Went to the Elkhart, IN location on a Monday night in late December with a group of 9 in town for a funeral. The place was surprising busy - we waited for more than half an hour. The service was spotty - the waitress was friendly, but brought the wrong number of waters, didn't salt the margarita glass as requested, forgot to put tomato in the guacamole. (She told us it was only the third time she'd made guacamole.) Portions were huge - the small burrito was the size of a dinner plate and was smothered in cheese, probably not the "under 600 calories" billed on the menu.

There are newer reviews for Hacienda Mexican Restaurants

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My overall impression of Hacienda is that it is misleading to call itself Mexican cuisine. I continue to be amazed that anyone can claim their food to be authentic. The salsa is seriously equal to pouring tomato sauce out of a can. .This applies to ALL HACIENDA Restaurants.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had reservations for our larger group at the restaurant over a football weekend. Packed with locals and sports teams post game revelry. The menu is broad with good options from fajitas to dinner salads. Non-Mexican selections are available - someone in our group had the salmon which they enjoyed. It is a bit out of the way of ND campus - maybe. 15 min drive. We choose it because my husband had eaten there 30 years ago when he was a student. There are other hacienda locations that are closer to campus if the drive is an issue. Overall good food and good experience.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I really shouldn't be the one to write this one. I am from the SouthWest were "Mexican" food is just that. My family and friends just couldn't wait to take me there. to show me that good Mexican food does exist in the Midwest. It was good. I left full. The service was okay. The "house" was a bit crowded and it's a trek to the ladies rooms (I hate stairs when I really gotta go). But not withstanding it was good food at pretty good prices. The big wet burrito will fill you up! chips and salsa were good too.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

It has good food, good service. Modest prices. I love the atmosphere of the old home.Close to the river for a walk after eating. Would recommend this to others