“Outback losing it's soul.”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #116 of 198 Restaurants in Mishawaka
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Clearwater, Florida
“Outback losing it's soul.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

10 Ounce Ribeye, baker, salad and Coke: $20.09-

Outback seems to be trying to re-invent it's "image". Strange, dis'cordant wood angularities now rise above for no purpose and unimaginative scrap-iron mistakes hang anywhere for no reason.
The chummy "G'Day, Mate" atmosphere has been replaced by what looks like a 2nd year design students' unfunished gestalt nightmare.

5:44 - Front door.
I usually order the "Outback Special" (a sirloin steak), today I tried the Ribeye as the menu touted this as "The Steak Lovers' Steak" and that it was wood fire grilled and "nicely marbled".
6:00 - I was brought a salad with tomatoes- I asked for NO tomatoes.
6:13 - I received my steak- 29 minutes after I walked in the front door.
I forgot to take a "before" photo...but the above shows the main point.
The orange outline shows the approximate size of the steak (actually, I am being generous) the fat and gristle I cut away accounted for almost HALF of the steak! I don't consider this "NICELY marbled"- I consider this gross and disgusting.
The manager (a charming, attractive woman) thought it MIGHT also be a little too much fat . She offered me a dessert to compansate.
The dessert was good (Chocolate Thunder), but I paid for a steak which was half inedible fat.

Maybe instead of weird decorating and totally obscure, instantly forgetable, music (which kind of creates an alienating atmosphere), maybe Outback should try making better food, serving it faster and getting back to their chummy, Aussie roots.

I usually like Outback but today was not good at all. I hope they will go back to what they were in the 80's - a fun, reasonably priced steakhouse.

• Visited July 2012

New York
“Good Food Reasonably Priced”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stopped at this Outback the Sunday before Memorial Day. Located in a plaza on a commercial drag, this restaurant is convenient to many hotels. We were seated immediately. We had a number of servers in a beautifully choreographed ballet. One brought us menus, another bread, another kept our drinks and refills coming, the others brought the entrees and desserts. Usually you have just one, but here it was a team.

We were served a warm loaf of dark bread. My companion had the Norwegian salmon and I had one of the steak specials. The food was uniformly good. The steak was cooked to perfection with only the top which had a crust of spice a bit hard for my tastes. My sides of broccoli and garlic mashed potatoes were delicious. I thought the salmon portion was a bit skimpy but my companion was satisfied and thought it tasted great. It was served with a vegetable mix. I had a very good carrot cake and coffee for dessert. My companion enjoyed his scoop of ice cream. Overall the portion sizes are reasonable, not the gigantic, doggy bag required plates you encounter so often. You leave full but not stuffed and everything was beautifully prepared and tasty.

We enjoyed our visit to this restaurant and will come again if in this area.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Molga
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Amazing soup!”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This restaurant has the typical Outback Steakhouse menu but "roast potato soup" was new to me and I recommend it. Good service; I was about to leave when offered a table where the light was not good (I like to see my food) but I was at once shown to a table by a window and the blinds were opened to give me more light.

Visited May 2012
Lakeville, Indiana
“Good,but overpriced for the experience...”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Went to Outback on Sunday around 4 p.m. Our "server" refilled our beverages once for us and brought us our bill. Someone else took our drink order, then our dinner order, then brought bread , our meal and then brought us condiments that were not on the table. It seemed as though we didn't have a server at all, just a bunch of various people pitching in to get you in and get you out. The prices of the entrees should validate a decent level of service from the "server". All you get is your meat and one side plus a little loaf of brown bread. If you have a big appetite, you might still be hungry when you leave. We both had ribs. The ribs were very tender, falling off the bone and the sauce was fine if a little vinegary. Fries were very good. All in all, it was okay, but the service just doesn't make me want to rush back.

• Visited February 2012
Mesa, Arizona
“simpley the best”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

we recently took our family to outback steak house on grape road in mishawaka indiana. our experiance to say the least was wonderful. they actually open the door for you and greet you as if you are part of thier family. there was a short wait(about 10 min) but they have comfortible seating for waiting they brought us menues and asked us if we wanted drinks while we wait and they kept us informed the wait would not be long. as we were seated the hostess was very polite and informative. our food was there quick very well prepared and we never had to ask for refills. the manager ( jerry) made us feel great he came right to our table and asked us how we were doing and we had a great conversation with him as we watched he did this with almost every table, you just dont see that anymore. our waitress was great, of all the places i have ever been im going to tell you our experiance was great. you do not feel like you are in a big chain resturaunt. i recommend this outback every time we talk to people.

• Visited September 2011