“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I started going here when I was first dating over 30 years ago. I double dated with a friend whose Italian girlfriend had told us about it. Ever since that first time I dined here, it has been a favorite. I had driven by it before and never thought much about it. The outside does not look like much. When you go in the doors, you go down a stair case and enter a romantically decorated Italian restaurant. Even the bathrooms are decorated to the extent that you feel like you are in a home and not a restaurant. They are only open on Friday's and Saturday's. You can call and make reservations during the week and just leave your name, party size and dining time on the recorder. I have never had a reservation fail with this system. I recommend making a reservation if you are going during a Notre Dame home football game weekend.The food is absolutely delicious. You will get salad and homemade garlic bread as soon as you sit down. The salad comes in a large bowl for the entire table and there are two bottles of Italian dressing already at the table. One creamy and one oil/vinegar based. both homemade. I have never ordered anything here that I did not love and I have also never finished an entire entree. Great place to dine for a romantic occasion, or just for a family night out. The prices have always been reasonable and the portions large. There is a bar with wine and beer. If you like Italian, do yourself a favor and go here!!

There are newer reviews for Papa Joe's Casa De Pasta

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I can't remember how I found this restauant but I've been going there for about 30 years. Very authentic Italian food made with care and you can taste it! They are only open Friday and Saturday nights (and Valentine's Day) so it is best to make a reservation. Very afforadable. The meal starts with a great salad and garlic bread. There is an option to try two different entrees' if you cant decide on one. The Spumoni is the best I've ever tasted, it is from Italy. I would rank this the best Italian restaurant I've ever been to.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is my favorite Italian restaurant in Mishawaka! It seems a bit hidden away on Church St. (you park across the street) and it's only open on Friday and Saturday. Trust me, it's amazing! You walk in and go downstairs - you'll be amazed by how much space is actually there! It's very uniquely designed too. It's part of the charm. The staff is incredibly friendly and will tell you great meals to try. Everything I've had so far is fantastic and smells amazing. Save room for dessert if you can!

1  Thank NikiMarie