“GReat ice cream place in town”

Bonnie Doon Drive-In
Ranked #4 of 8 Dessert in Mishawaka
Description: Phone: (574) 255-9841
Description: Phone: (574) 255-9841
Reviewed September 1, 2013

THis place doesn't look like much from outside, I probably drove by it dozens of times. But they have some great ice cream and it's a very cool shop. It's an old fashioned drive-in from the 60's and they still have operating speaker boxes (I believe anyway). The food is inexpensive, we didn't have any, we just grabbed ice cream, which was great. I prefer this place to DQ by a lot. Try the mint chocolate fudge ice cream, it's terrific.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Bonnie Doon is a tradition with us each time we're in town. We usually get old fashioned ice cream sodas (my kids dared me to try "Green River" last time). The ice cream is a premium quality, but really all the food we've had is excellent. You can still Dine In Your Car with carhop service, but we always go inside. Decor hearkens to the 50s when drive-ins were in their heyday.

This location is right on the historic Lincoln Highway. For some reason management has completely ignored this in its marketing (but there are Route 66 signs posted inside, which was no closer than Chicago).

Reviewed April 22, 2012

10x better than Sonic. Food is a little pricey, but it's very good. The ice cream is awesome. Go on a classic car night.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

This place has been around for years!! I love the food, and ice cream. Every time I come home to visit family, I try to stop and eat

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Brings back the simpler times...They are known for their ice cream for many years. They are very much a part of the South Bend/Mishawaka Community! Well worth the time and money to stop in any of their locations!