“Great food, great manager!!”
Review of Papa Vino's

Papa Vino's
Ranked #3 of 198 Restaurants in Mishawaka
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
South Bend, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great manager!!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family and I had a great dinner there arond the Holidays and things were busy and the manager, Kevin took time to come and talk to us and check to make sure our meal were good, which they were. He was very personable and interacted with our kids too.

Visited December 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Italian food”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Loved the food. The staff was super friendly and I loved the atmosphere. It was a little more expensive than I had hoped, but it was still reasonable for the amount of food. I'd go back and I reccommend it for other Italian lovers

Visited January 2012
Indiana
“love the remodel”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've always enoyed the food. Great warm bread brought to the table with oil and spices, large delicios salads, wonderfl pasta dishes, and now the inside is gorgeous.

• Visited September 2012
South Bend, Indiana
“Been going here for years”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've been going here since they opened, I think, back in 1997 when it was known as Spagheddies. But this was the first time I've been back since they remodeled about a year and a half ago. It looks so different inside, but it's the same building. The appearance is more upscale, more formal, however, the menu still offers great value, and many of the patrons are still as casual as ever. It's common to see a nicely dressed couple maybe celebrating an anniversary, and the next table over will be people who looked like they just arrived from the gym. (Once, I saw a body builder who was dining after his workout, still wearing teeny tiny shorts with his thick body hair billowing out from his tight tank top.)

There are ten entrees under $10. And Monday through Thursday there are great value deals. Go on Tuesday for the Sizzleini, a meal that actually "sounds" as delicious as it tastes. Check the website for the other deals from meals to drinks. If you are really hungry, go for the Lasagna. It's a huge portion and very filling.

We always like to start with the Calamari appetizer - tender and served with a marinara dipping sauce. I usually go for my bland favorite, Spaghetti with Meat Balls, but this time I tried a new item on the menu, Spaghetti Calabrese (spicy Italian sausage with sauce), which was wonderful. My wife had the Eggplant Parmesan, which she thought was too greasy. We also love the roasted garlic olive oil dipping sauce with the bread, and we usually consume two loaves. And so, we never have any room for dessert!

Pleasant service as always, and overall, still an enjoyable evening. Although I have to admit, I might be one of the few that misses the old Papa Vino's decor.

• Visited November 2012
Wauwatosa
“busy place, good food and service”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Our first ever visit to Papa Vino's was in Mishawaka. We went with another couple who reccommended it. The food was very good. The service was very good, as well. the place was jumping on a Friday night but we were seated on time with a reservation. LOVE the oil with dried garlic for dipping the loaves of fresh bread. Italian wedding soup was chock full of meatballs. Lasagna was HUGE. Shrimp in spicy sauce with garlic was perfect. Veal marsala done to perfection. For a chain, it was a surprising find.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Paul_and_DebbieWI

Been to Papa Vino's? Share your experiences!