“" OUTSTANDING MENU "” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corndance Tavern

Corndance Tavern
Ranked #2 of 196 Restaurants in Mishawaka
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Established in 2010 Corndance Tavern presents classic tastes of the Midwest with metropolitan sophistication. Our highly trained staff strive to provide a truly memorable dining experience; professional service, fresh local food presented in a dynamic fashion, and the perfect beverage make your Corndance experience one to remember! Our steaks are dry aged and cut in-house, using midwestern beef fed on grain and grass with no steroids or hormones. We buy produce from local farms, including year-round indoor farming operations in southern Michigan. Our seafood comes straight from the Great Lakes, and what we cannot get locally, we get flown in from around the United States every day. Our wine list is composed of new-world wines from the Americas. You will not find microwaves and frozen food at Corndance--just fresh, local food, inspired by the seasons.
Suttons Bay, Michigan
“" OUTSTANDING MENU "”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife, son, and his girlfriend had a early Christmas celebration dinner and it was a wonderful experience. Our server Cailie was excellent. Linda and I shared the Ahi Tuna Sliders and the Grouper en Papilotte with steamed vegetables over a bed of perfectly cooked rice and it was phenomenal. We will return here when we are in Mishawaka.

Mishawaka, Indiana
“What a Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

I dined with a group last evening and the experience was a true disappointment. While the ambience was nice and service excellent, the food was poor. Some of the comments I heard from fellow guests: The mushroom appetizer was mediocre, the flatbed was ruined by unsavory marinated vegetables, the chicken was overcooked, the bison burger was dry and without flavor and the steak was just "okay". The only positive comments I heard were in regard to the bread, beet salad and chocolate dessert. There are many other nice restaurants in the area that offer inviting menus at reasonable costs, which will keep me from returning to this establishment.

• Visited December 2013
Northern Indiana
“First time guest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Heard great things about Corndance and finally made reservations. Warm and inviting decor/atmosphere. Wait staff are very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu/drink options. Food presentation was to perfection and for the most part very tasty. I had the Bison New York Strip steak and the first few bites were excellent. The remaining meat was very chewy and full of gristle. Since that was my first Bison steak ... I'll chalk it up to the cut of meat. Will return and give Corndance another chance to wow us with a different entree.

• Visited December 2013
St Joe, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Banana Creme Brûlée.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stopped in and not very hungry. Server was waaaaaay too talkative….going over the specials…not sure she realized…we checked out of the conversation. had the Banana Creme Brûlée, it was yummy. I always have to try Creme Brûlée wherever we go, if they have it. It was yummy! My husband got the beef tips…they were not very good and a burger, he said it was OK. I would def go back for the dessert!

• Visited September 2013
South Bend, Indiana
“Freshest food and superb service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I really enjoy eating at Corndance. The waitstaff is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Don't miss out on dessert though. Banana Napoleon is amazing. There's white chocolate mousse, hazelnuts and a hazelnut cookie topped with bananas and the best caramel sauce I have ever had. Definitely leave room for dessert.

• Visited November 2013