“Loved It Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Corndance Tavern

Corndance Tavern
Ranked #2 of 197 Restaurants in Mishawaka
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Established in 2010 Corndance Tavern presents classic tastes of the Midwest with metropolitan sophistication. Our highly trained staff strive to provide a truly memorable dining experience; professional service, fresh local food presented in a dynamic fashion, and the perfect beverage make your Corndance experience one to remember! Our steaks are dry aged and cut in-house, using midwestern beef fed on grain and grass with no steroids or hormones. We buy produce from local farms, including year-round indoor farming operations in southern Michigan. Our seafood comes straight from the Great Lakes, and what we cannot get locally, we get flown in from around the United States every day. Our wine list is composed of new-world wines from the Americas. You will not find microwaves and frozen food at Corndance--just fresh, local food, inspired by the seasons.
Naples, Florida
“Loved It Again”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I a gluton for punishment and my punishment was being forced to eat at this restaurant a second time. I hope that I get punished to a third visit! I had the pre fix dinner and loved it. This is one of the most creative restaurants in the country and well worth a visit. I am looking forward to trying the Sword of St John on a future visit. It's presentation is a site to behold. This is a not to be missed restaurant if visiting the Mishawaka area.

• Visited July 2012

Indiana
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I wanted to hate this place...really, I did. The name is awful and I didn't like what the menu seemed to offer prior to arriving. The prices are a little high, which sets expectations high. But truth be told, I had a very enjoyable Sunday night dinner here. We had a larger party for a business dinner, so they put us in a nice private sun-room attached to the bar. Nice room. Drinks were served promptly and they made me a good manhattan. We did a selection of appetizers, but I only tried the bison bites...pretty good. The special that I wanted was a bison filet ($42!!!). But of course, they were out. Sigh. So I had a regular filet with added garlic/asiago cheese crust with horseradish mashed potatoes. Filet was good, but the garlic asiago crust seemed to blend into the steak. The mashed potatoes were OK. My wife had some halibut dish with lobster on top. She said that the lobster was good, but the halibut was pretty unremarkable. The dessert, some kind of cornet filled with white chocolate mousse and fresh berries was really good.
All told, this was a pleasant evening. Food was good, service was pretty good and the atmosphere in the private room was nice. That being said, I don't think I would dine here if I was paying the bill. The menu, other than steak and bison, really doesn't sing to me. And for the prices they ask, the food doesn't outshine the other higher end restaurants that I would normally frequent . But that's a personal preference. Corndance provided a nice event and it was even better since I didn't have to pay for it.

• Visited July 2012
Niles,Michigan
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice wine selection. Excellent waiter, very respectful. large group - all had a good time.

Visited April 2012
Mishawaka, Indiana
“Group of eight, good service”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Had a group of eight for a birthday celebration. Service was very good, all dishes arrived on time, and cooked well. Good bar selection and decent wine list. Would definitely go back.

• Visited August 2011
South Bend, Indiana
“Unique”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Very unique menu and wonderful preperation. The wait staff is always friendly and the service is superb.

Visited April 2012