“Awesome hotel in the South Bend area”

Hyatt Place South Bend/Mishawaka
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Mishawaka
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 14, 2013

In town for a swim meet at Notre Dame. This hotel was exceptional. The lobby and bar area was very nicely appointed and the staff extremely friendly. Snacks, pastries and cocktails were available in the bar, along with Starbucks coffee.

As hotel breakfasts go, I can't say that I've had better. Open-faced english muffin breakfast sandwiches were on the menu the morning we ate. I grabbed 2 and slapped them together. Silver dollar pancakes too in addition to various yogurts, fruit, bagels, cereals and donuts, etc.

Our room was a spacious 2 queen bed suite w/a sitting area. The TV was huge which can never be a bad thing! Our room had a mini fridge too along with a comfortable couch in the sitting area. The only thing that I could even remotely 'ding' them for was the water closet or the toilet and tub room.

It was very small and you had to navigate around the door before you could close it without it hitting your feet. I'm also not a big fan of the 'rainshower' shower head although it had decent pressure for that type of shower head.

I wouldn't even call those complaints, just wishes. If we are ever in the area again I will not hesitate to stay here. Big thumbs up for the Hyatt Place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kevin P

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this new property for 5 days. The room was clean and fresh. The in-room refrigerator was a added bonus. We experienced a high-end continental breakfast and chiice of 3 newspapers each morning which far surpassed any other hotels at which we have stayed lately. The staff was solicitous and helpful at all times. Property has a nicely equipped workout room, pool, and computer & printer access. Hotel is situated amid TONS of good restaurant choices within walking distance so if you are without transportation you will be fine.
An absolutely perfect stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We arrived at Hyatt Place South Bend/Mishawaka after a long day of traveling/sightseeing from Chicago and were happy with the large room and very comfortable bed that we found waiting for us. There was a cross country tournament taking place that weekend at Notre Dame and there were dozens of college athletes and family members staying at the hotel. After coming back following a quick dinner, I was dismayed to see a young man playing hockey down our hallway with a pal. However, they stopped shortly after we returned and we had a very quiet evening and great night's sleep. In the morning we checked out the Hyatt's breakfast offerings and were quite pleased with the vast array of food available, including some breakfast sandwiches as well as oatmeal, fresh fruits, cereals, etc.We would stay at Hyatt Place again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was on business for 3 nights and stayed at this hotel. It was very clean, room was comfortable, had a nice breakfast and in the evening a small bar for coctails and snacks out in the lobby. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My family and I stayed one night to ring in the new year. The TV was enormous (which was great for what we were there for) and the room was spacious and clean.
If I had one complaint, it would be that the pool was EXTREMELY cold. My children (who usually will swim in anything) were even in and out in under 10 minutes.
Breakfast was fancy and very tasty.
Definately a nice overnight stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Traveled to Mishawaka for a wedding. This hotel was very nice. We requested a room on the 4th floor and it was quiet. Check in was super fast, and the staff very helpful - they even helped with my request for a cold beer, after the long drive. :) Thanks, Andrew!

The beds were super comfortable - and as a germaphobe, I was glad to see the duvet is fresh and clean with each new guest - no sitting on scanky bed-spreads. The TV was huge, and it swiveled so that we could see it from the sofa, or from in bed. And the best - drum...roll....was the shower! Loved the rain - shower head.

Would recommend this as a place to stay.

Room Tip: Corner suites are a bit smaller - but the set up - I think they call it the "efficency" is...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stopped at the Hyatt Place during a cross country journey to Rhode Island. The Hyatt is tucked back among restaurants and stores, so it wasn't the easiest to find, but my GPS got us there. Check in was quick and efficient. Our hotel room was clean and nice with a king size bed, queen sleeper sofa and large flat screen TV. Air conditioner kept the room comfortable. One minor inconvenience was that I could not locate any information about the hotel and surrounding restaurants in the room. However, the front desk was helpful in locating a good nearby restaurant. Breakfast the next morning was good with breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal, cereals, fruit and beverages. Check out was also quick.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mishawaka
Home2 Suites by Hilton Mishawaka South Bend
Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka
Residence Inn South Bend Mishawaka
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend
Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn
Varsity Clubs of America
Varsity Clubs of America
#4 of 16 in Mishawaka

Been to Hyatt Place South Bend/Mishawaka? Share your experiences!