“Pleasant stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arlington
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip to South Bend. Location: suburban location in Mishawaka about 10 minutes from downtown South Bend. Sits off the road. Surrounded by restaurants, some within walking distance. Rooms: not the usual setup, mine had a partition separating bed from other half of room that had a large sectional and a desk. TV faces couch or bed. Quiet, couldn't hear people in next room. Climate control was fine. Bed comfortable. Clean. Service: Good, young and efficient. Other: they have a bar area at the front desk with beer, wine and hard liquor. Complementary breakfast with good variety and some fresh cooked food which was nicely prepared. I gave it a 4 because its not a luxury hotel, but I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sonnie T, General Manager at Hyatt Place South Bend/Mishawaka, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate that you choose to stay with us and welcome you back on future visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently and loved it! It is in a great location just off of Grape Road which makes it close to everything. The hotel itself has a very modern feel with a great loby area complety with many comfortable chairs to relax in. The pool is also very nice and clean with plenty of towls to use once you done swimming. The rooms are just like the pictures with a very large couch area (which doubled as a bed for my 3 year old) and a huge TV.
Like the other reviews have said the breakfast is excellent with the typical assortment of foods as well as hot breakfast sandwhiches. I was also impressed that they had both a full bar and starbucks drinks availble for purchases just outside of the breakfast area.
The staff at the hotel was excellent. Our checkin process was both friendly and fast. Every staff member we ran across had a smile on their face and was very helpuful with anything we needed. Next time I'm in town and need a hotel I will deffinatly be looking to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DEW5245
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel until recently on a continuous basis for 9 months. I left recently due to a couple of issues regarding room availability and cleanliness of the rooms. Regarding the room availability, I checked in at 8pm on January 28 to discover they did not have the type of room I had reserved. I wasted 30 minutes of my time exploring 3 different rooms to find a suitable one all the while lugging around my luggage! They assured me they would honor my request for this particular room layout when I made the reservations months in advance. Second, regarding the room cleanliness, my wife checked into to her room a couple of weeks later on a separate business trip to discover the bed sheets had not been changed and were soiled! Upon calling the front desk, the person offered her 500 points since there was no maid service at 930pm. My wife refused and insisted someone come change the sheets. At this point, the person told her she would have to move from the room to another. My wife refused since she felt it was their responsibility to give her that room in a clean state. After nearly an hour, the person came to her room and changed the sheets, but not without telling her about how terrible the maids are! Really?!

Room Tip: Find another hotel with better service and cleaner rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Port Byron, Illinois
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel was fantastic. Very modern and elegant. Check in was so fast and easy I thought we forgot something. Rooms are really above what you would expect at this price point.

I would travel back to this area just to stay at this property.

Room Tip: Walls are a little thin so hopefully you don't have someone in the adjoining room. Ask for somet...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim C
Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you want to stay at a quiet, comfortable, clean hotel for business or pleasure, try the Hyatt Place in South Bend/Mishawaka, IN. This past week I stayed at the Hyatt Place for my 6th or 7th time and it was just about everything I could have asked for. The beds are very comfortable, and the rooms are spacious, with a living room feel with a huge flat screen. I usually like the first floor for the convenience if I have to bring things in from my car for the night. The usual draw back of this is noise from the second floor--not so here! The rooms are very quiet. The hotel offers a nice array of options for food in their full service kitchen, for which there is an extra charge, but they offer an upgraded breakfast which is free of charge. It has a nice assortment of egg sandwiches, bisquits, sausage, waffles, fresh fruit, oatmeal, breads, spreads, dry cereals and Starbucks coffee. Oh, that reminds me, they have a Starbucks coffee station behind the bar as well. They also offer a "pick up and go" breakfast for the busy business traveler too. The staff has always been helpful and courteous. The hotel is within walking distance of shopping and several restaurants, and a short drive to a large mall, several restaurants and grocery stores. I have always had a great experience at this hotel! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: As mentioned, I like the first floor as I travel with a lot of equipment and often bring it in from...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tallyho078
Oneonta, New York
Reviewed January 31, 2013

After being blown away by how comfortable the bed was at the Shelton, CT Hyatt House, we were excited to try this Hyatt instead of our usual place in Elkhart. While everything was nice, clean, and modern, we were a bit disappointed by two things. First, the bed was not even close to the same. It wasn't bad, just no better than you'd expect at any other decent hotel. The second was that the clerk and staff were not particularly friendly. Nobody was rude, but it just seemed that they were doing what the job required and nothing more. The perfunctory attitude was the same for both the evening staff when we arrived, and the morning staff when we departed.

I have to give this hotel a very good rating because it is clean, modern, has nice amenities and rooms. I will not be returning, however. The hotel we normally stay at in Elkhart is just as comfortable, more convenient from I80/90, less expensive, and FAR more friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank FATMAN C
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt Place South Bend for one night with my wife and kids and was very happy. Great Business type hotel with large clean spacious room. The large flatscreen had a panel for multiple inputs, the king size bed was comfortable and the kids had a large pull out sofa. Mini fridge in the room.

There is a small pool that the kids enjoyed and a nice breakfast in the lobby in the morning which was included. There also is a small bar next to the check in desk, they sell drinks, but I don't think many people actually hang out there.

Good value, definitely a good stop.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wordman113
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mishawaka
Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend
Hilton Garden Inn South Bend
Hilton Garden Inn South Bend
#3 of 29 in South Bend

Been to Hyatt Place South Bend/Mishawaka? Share your experiences!