Hyatt Place South Bend/Mishawaka
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfront desknotre damewhole foodssleeping areasouth bend mishawakain townrooms are spaciousmini fridgecontinental breakfastplenty of parkingthe entire hotelclean hoteloatmealstay at this hotel againhockey tournamentguest roomsi highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I have become quite loyal to the Hyatt Place brand. I don't need a lot of frills, but I also try to avoid Motel 6's, and Hyatt Place does it for me. The South Bend/Mishawaka Hyatt Place is top notch. As soon as I walked in, I was quickly greeted by Jessica. She was fantastic. I asked her about places that I should see and she was quick to give me a visitor's guide and little note cards with places of interest. The room was very clean, and let me tell you, I love the showers at Hyatt Places. After a long day of travelling, the hot shower was exactly what I needed. This Hyatt Place also has a variety of restaurants nearby, from fast food and dine-in restaurants, both local and chain style. Parking is free and it is exteremly easy to get to this hotel from South Bend Regional Airport. It is close enough to Notre Dame that it only takes about 5-10 minutes to drive there, but far enough away that you can't get away. My visit was very nice and I highly recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2010

My son and I stayed here the night of the Notre Dame - Pitt football game. We found a reservation availability a few days before the game for $190 per night. I think this was a "last minute" special in a down year for ND football - I tried to book a room for a game next season and found the rate well over $300 per night

We have stayed at 5 Hyatt Place hotels in the last six months. This location is similar to the other Hyatt Place locations I have stayed at.

What I like about Hyatt Place - new hotels, large spacious rooms, with wet bar, mini-fridge, work desk, couch/sectional seating area for visiting, large flat screen TV with a good selection of channels, modern lobby, quick check-in and check-out with kiosks, comfortable beds.

What could be better about Hyatt Place - the air conditioners tend to be loud - generally its not an issue for me (a light sleeper) but it could be for others, the placement of the bathroom and vanity sink - right at the foot of the bed - if you are travelling with others it is hard to get ready in the morning without waking others due to light and noise, the "free" breakfast components are really weak, well below what a Hampton offers. The free items seem to be a choice of 1 or 2 dry cereals, bread, industrial bagels and english muffins and what appears to be canned mixed fruit. To get anything hot you need to pay - the quality of the purchased breakfast will exceed that of the Hampton's make your own waffles or bacon/eggs/sausage, but it costs more and it isn't all you can eat.

This location is within walking distance of a few restaurants and within driving distance of several others. I needed to do a better job mapping out my route after the game - got caught in traffic by missing a turn and added about 30 minutes to the trip due to gridlock.

We usually stay in Elkhart (around $180 a night) or Goshen (around $130 a night) for games. This area is preferable to both simply due to proximity to campus and better restaurant selection. The question is at what price? I simply couldn't see spending much more than what we did for this room. While closer to campus, because of traffic our ride to Goshen earlier in the year was not that much longer than our ride here after the game.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Great hotel, has multiple restaurants with in walking distant, the breakfast is average. I would stay here all the time.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Relatively new and clean hotel. Staff was very accomodating. Also there is a great sandwich breakfast bar along with complimentary breakfast! I was even able to get a glass of wine there one evening. Comfortable beds and very roomy shower which is separate from sink area!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Golfermom10
Reviewed October 11, 2010

The hotel is new. The rooms are spotless and spacious complete with big screen TV and a usuable refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast is included with the room. They also have a very nice snack bar where you can buy pizza, soup and snacks. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family