“Blue River Cafe was Great”
Review of Blue River Cafe - CLOSED

Blue River Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
“Blue River Cafe was Great”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I took the family and a friend to Milltown to try out the Blue River Cafe.
We ordered the deep fried mushrooms as an app. and had the deep dish pizza which served 4 easily.
I was impressed with both items. The live entertainment was also an added bonus. Most of all
the price was very resonable. Will definitely be going back soon.

• Visited October 2012

Derby, Indiana
“Owner needs overhauled”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The owner is the most pompus arrogant man I have ever met. He walked outside and slid 1 of the 2 heavy chairs at our table, yes our table , about 5 feet away, sat down, threw his head back, lit a cigarette and exhaled annoyingly like he was just exhausted. This was while there were 5 of us standing at that table holding my 5 week old baby. We did not know at this point he was the actual OWNER! We first could NOT believe this man took our chair w/o asking, then also lit a cigarette in front of a 5 week old blowing smoke about! I, angry, tired of waiting over 2 hours for our food, sick of sitting back in the LOUD horrible acoustics room asked "this man" if I started smelling his cigarette and it was blowing in our and my infants face, if he would respectfully move away from our group. His reply was "I am 8 feet from the door- that is the law....Thats legal" he mentioned being the owner...THENNNNN, I was even MORE astounded at this man's actions! He didnt even care, I as a customer, didnt want smoke in my infants face, that he thought he could just take our chair, and didnt even care about our wishes! Our server, a handsome young man, was great and did all he could to keep our drinks full. The food was good, cold steak, but would have been good I can tell. I love the decor and atmosphere...but our group of 20 was seated in the music area and b/c the acoustics are so horrible, we couldnt talk over it, hence either yelling or sittin in silence......one of our couples had to get up and leave the group b/ the sound was soooo loud in the back room it almost caused her an anxiety attack. It was unfortunate. The music really needed turned down. I will never go back and neither will the group we were with.....the owner just flat disgusted me and my guests...and I would not want to put another $ in his pocket. Get rid of him, and dont go on a music night unless they turn the speakers down, and it would be a great place! It is apparent after our 2-3 hour food wait, Mr. owner is more concerned with packing the house full, but not hiring enough people to properly serve his guest timely......

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank Danielle H
Corydon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The fish there are always good and not greasy, the coleslaw as great tasting and the atmosphere is so pleasant. The tea tasted very fresh and recently brewed. I visited on a Sunday when they were not busy.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Debbie D
Louisville, Kentucky
“Not happy with the Blue River Cafe”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have been wanting to go to the Blue River Cafe in Milltown since it was rebuilt after their fire. We went last night with a large group of fun people. We were seated at 7:30. We had a wonderful young lady as our waitress. BUT....the music may have been ok but the room was too loud to hear it, We sit for over 2 hours before we got our food, and no one ever came around to say that they were sorry for the delay. The food was average to below average, and mine was served cold. $8 worth of drinks that we did not order was on our bill. The owner showed us at least 3 times that he is an unaccommodating. We will not be going back.

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank sueransom
New Albany, Indiana, United States
“What a gem”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Great food every time and live local entertainment on weekends.

Visited July 2011