“Little Holiday for Memorial Day”

Big House in the Little Woods
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Millersburg
Big House in the Little Woods
Ranked #1 of 1 Millersburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The owners Gail and Dave were very easy going, down to earth people. We even met more of the family, nice people! Woof to the little one! :) Neat and pleasant and home-like atmosphere. It was nice to gather at breakfast, nice breakfast, and meet the other guests. The other guests were pleasant and interesting bunch. You can just keep to yourself if you wish, but why? On the way out of town, we even bought farm fresh eggs and meet the Amish sellers family. We went to the local flea market, it was nice even for a rainy day. The flea market is in need of more unique items and it was not busy due to rainy weather. Nice and quiet get-a-way. We had dinner at the 5 and 20 restaurant, not fancy, but the food available was neat and good. The staff was nice. If you look around the small town I am sure there is something for everyone. Hope to return. Thank you Dave and Gail, Vanessa, John, and Woof too!

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite for its accessibility, but do check ahead of time so they can work with your...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Recently we spent a night at Big House in the Little Woods. The owners of this B & B truly make you feel like you are part of their family. Amazing breakfast! Love that they take time to pray for breakfast & your day & that they eat with you!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Phillip W
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We just keep coming back. Dave and Gail are super and accommodating. I'd like to keep it a secret, too, but I have to share them! The house and location are perfect for us and the breakfast to die for. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank j9spin
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Breakfast A+ Pray, breakfast and meeting new people.......it's a wonderful experience!
Clean A+ All the rooms are decorated so nice...........plentyof room and your own bathroom!
Fun yet private A+ You can gather in the kitchen or living room to visit........or do your own thing!
Homemade quilts on the beds A+ Beautiful Quilts!
Gail and Dave the hosts A++++ I can't say enough about these two!
Quiet but horses prancing down the lane A+ It's a peaceful place with faint horse sounds down the lane.
Yards & porch A+ Take a walk, sit on the porch, enjoy puzzles, games, or watch a movie in your room.............what ever you desire!
Ben the Amish neighbor who will pick you up at the door for a ride in the country. Ben ...........is your passport to fun at the BHITLW...........Ben, Gail, and Dave will make your stay more than an A ++++ I love to book the whole house and all my friends go for a three day visit. I hate to tell you my secret but it's the best place to stay ever.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Linda S
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I took my Mom who is 70ish to visit Amish country. She had never been to a B & B, so I thought this one would be perfect. It was off the beaten path, but not by much. She was anxious about our privacy. There was a room some what separate which worked out great! It even had an extra day bed. She snores, so this way we both got a good nights rest :)
Gail was a wonderful hostess and made an awesome breakfast. She was very helpful with information about the area.

Room Tip: Ask about a buggy ride from her neighbor!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ShelBelle86
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I was mesmerized by the unique details in the rooms of the Big House, where we ate breakfast two mornings in a row. Our hosts, Gail and Dave, made me feel like family and even told me I was family "now" when it was time for me and my sister to leave. The first morning we filled the table with other couples who had come for the Quilt Auction and we talked and laughed as though we'd known each other our whole lives. The food was delicious, fresh eggs & sausage, blueberry pancakes, fresh pears, cheese, great coffee, etc. The next morning we had the most amazing french toast I have ever had, along with fruit & eggs with sausage and potatos, and the list goes on. We filled two tables, with me and my sister sharing a table with 3 other sisters and all treated special by both Dave and Gail. I wish I didn't have to leave such a loving home! I will be back, I promise!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Hazel S
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We tried to find a B&B we could take our 17 year old daughter along without having to spend another $100 or so for a 2nd room. This was perfect. A relaxing weekend, no hustle or bustle unless we wanted it (Shipshewana flea market for example was huge). We went over the 4th of July weekend, and didn't plan well enough for the holiday closings, so finding food was a bit of a challenge, but the place was great. Not an old house, but same charm of one almost and good AC and wonderful food. The owners are amazing and the guests were neat as well.

We will be back for another relaxing trip.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mkobrowski

Been to Big House in the Little Woods? Share your experiences!