That Pretty Place Bed & Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Farmstead Inn(Shipshewana)
Van Buren Hotel(Shipshewana)
View Hotel
All reviewsbeautiful settingb bcasseroleyear anniversarybike traildefinitely recommend this placenewer buildingsmall tvquiet surroundingsheart shaped jacuzzi tubwooded areaown bathroomamish countrythe main housedowntown middleburyfamily roombreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2009

My best friend and I needed a girls get-a-away and wanted to go to the flea market in Shipshewana and after looking at several choices picked That Pretty Place Bed and Breakfast and what a great choice. The place was beautiful and peaceful and close to everything but yet secluded and private. Everyone was nice and helpful.The room was large and comfortable and breakfast was delicious. We will be back! Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2009

We traveled over 2.5 hours & upon arrival my hubby asked to use the restroom. Debi stated, "We don't have pubic restrooms." Our room wasn't available yet, but be real - we were paying guests, not just someone off the street. & she reflects as a Christian~but didn't have a restroom to accomadate an out of town guest. Yes, the grounds are beautiful! Dave was pleasant to talk with. Breakfast was good, not outstanding! Debi had her favorites to communicate with. This is one place that we won't be making reservations at again! Room was stuffy! If you sat in the great room you could hear people walking around upstairs. Awoke to Debi slamming cupboard doors in the kitchen. Not what we could call a "peaceful relaxing experience".

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Doreen V
Reviewed August 26, 2009

First day, staying in room inside house. Felt like being at home with family. Didn't have a DVD player, they found one and hooked it up. Sausage for breakfast, my spouse loves bacon. Told Debi and the next day for breakfast we had bacon, as much as she wanted. Moved to the Cabin the next day.. Quite and relaxing, had our own kitchen downstairs. Talking at breakfast with other guests both days. Had a in room massage for the 2 of us, and other B & B's offer that, but this was very affordable..

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2008

A friend had previously stayed here & booked a trip for our group of 8 ladies. We scrapbooked in the spacious lower level & shopped in Shipshewana. Deb & Dave are excellent hosts. She had us wondering what our next breakfast was going to entail all day long. It was that good. I took the virtual tour before we arrived. When we arrived It was much more than I expected. I was pleased with every aspect of my stay.. the grounds, food, bed, hospitality, cleanliness, and even the decor. I'm glad we opted to book the entire building for the weekend. I didn't want to go home!
I would love to see this place in the winter. It's got to be amazing. The homemade cinnamon rolls & quiche were to die for. Dave continue to thank God for the best job in Indiana! I truly felt like you both welcomed us into your home. I'll see you next year!!!!!!!
Tina in Bolingbrook

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 5, 2008

First the good points: My wife and I had a very nice, clean room in the main building. The managers were very nice, and the grounds really live up to the name. There were trails, a large pond, and they even had a bonfire while we were there. The food at breakfast was excellent.

Now the bad: When we got to breakfast with the 4 or 5 other couples staying at the B&B, the manager said that the food would be served after a prayer. The blessing was long and rambling, and VERY demoninational. Since it was right before the 4th of July, the blessing specifically thanked God for granting us freedom that allowed us all to choose Christ. Since my wife and I are Jewish, and have exercised our freedom to not choose Christ, we felt EXTREMELY uncomfortable. Obviously, this is not the feeling we wished to have while enjoying our rare time alone as a couple.

Unfortunately, this moment of discomfort was enough to discourage us from returning to . If the establishment wants to cater only to Christians, that is certainly their right. They should, however, make it clear in their advertising and on their web site. I respect their beliefs, but they should be aware that not everybody shares those beliefs.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple