“Very satisfied”

Ranked #2 of 11 Middlebury B&B and Inns
Detroit, Michigan, United States
“Very satisfied”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at That Pretty Place twice now, and we found it to be very relaxing and Ray and Rosetta very accommodating. The location back from the road makes it very serene. We enjoyed the tasty breakfasts as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Loved our room, the whole place, innkeepers went above and beyond for our comfort! Can't even describe how wonderful the breakfasts were! Very happy with our stay, can't wait to do it again!

• Stayed March 2013
Kokomo, Indiana, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Truly enjoyed our stay. Incredibly accomodating hosts that made our stay very comfortable. Great breakfast and very clean rooms/bathrooms. Lots to do in the area even in the cold winter. Although we didn't get to take advantage of the hiking trails, the area looked beautiful and serene. We will certainly be back!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are pretty small, but the common area is spacious and welcoming
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Edon, OH
Reviewed February 5, 2013

love the pretty place, Rosetta and Ray are super people. stayed feb. 1 and 2nd. Breakfast could be a little better but I still enjoyed it and the company,. The rooms are so nice and cute. My main thing is how clean it is and the location. beautiful rooms, beautiful property, and I love hanging out in shipshewana!! the common area's are clean and stocked with fun games and a pretty large collection of books. thanks for everything! The Millers...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I took our 17 month old along with her grandparents to spend some quiet family time together. We had two separate rooms in the suites and since it was a Monday had the whole place to ourselves. The grounds are beautiful and both the rooms and the downstairs areas were very clean. The fireplace made it extra cozy. The Inn keepers were gracious and accommodating. The only negative part of our stay was the breakfast. When we booked our rooms online the form asked if there are any specific dietary needs. I informed them that we do not eat pork but would eat turkey as an alternative. Unfortunately, as the main breakfast course we were served a potato soufflé with bits of ham in it. Since we choose not to eat pork for health reasons we decided not to say anything and besides, the meal was already made so I don't know what we could have done at that point. Only my husband and I ended up eating the soufflé. The rest of the meal consisted of canned fruit cocktail served in heavy syrup and a piece of pineapple cake which was nothing but a sheet cake with frosting. Rosetta did kindly make an egg and a piece of toast for my dad since he couldn't eat the soufflé but considering the price of the rooms and the fact that we were the only guests, I expected a much higher quality breakfast; especially after reading some of the other reviews. Dietary needs aside, a piece of cake and sugary canned fruit cocktail are not something I consider a very enjoyable breakfast so it was disappointing. Other than that it was a beautiful stay. I would just advise anyone with dietary needs or requests to make sure the innkeepers are aware or maybe make the effort to ask what they plan on serving before you show up for breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank HonestTraveler734
Normal, Illinois
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Recently we met at That Pretty Place with three other couples who had never been to a Bed and Breakfast. Our friends were so thrilled! (We knew they would be since this was a return trip for us.) What a beautiful setting with great food, clean, ample accommodations, and with gracious and welcoming hosts.

Room Tip: As a bed and breakfast, some of the categories (swimming pool, room service) do not apply but there...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Tate, Georgia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed here and really liked it. Rosetta and her husband do such a nice job of taking care of the house, the property and their guests.

We stayed in the green room on the main floor and it was nice and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only complaint I have about this room is that there is a light in the parking area and there are only blinds on the window. The light lit up the room and made it very difficult for me to sleep. When I asked Rosetta for something to cover the window with she produced a lightweight blanket that helped the situation. The second night of our stay I slept well- that bed is very, very comfortable.

The bathroom was clean as well. I recommend remembering to bring shampoo and comditioner....and a bar of soap. They provide a very small bar of soap and some gel packs of something....I didn't use them as I didn't know what they were for.

Breakfast was very good and homemade. They dining room overlooks a large pond- being your fishing pole if you like to catch and release. The whole yard looks so pretty.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Farmstead Inn
#2 of 2 in Syracuse
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in Goshen

Been to That Pretty Place Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!