“Great place!”

Das Dutchman Essenhaus
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Middlebury
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great place!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We met here with family and friends, and had a great time. The family style dinner kept everyone fed, and we stopped by the bakery for one of their pies after dinner.

1 Thank fortdj33

North Muskegon, Michigan, United States
“Not a place for vegetarians”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Great food, and better service. Not a lot of vegetarian choices. The grilled cheese was on homemade bread and delicious. You can't go wrong. Bring your willpower, though, tempting gift shopping all around the hallways.

“Good fun”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Great service, buffet was nice. They kept it full even after closing since there were still people dining. Cashier, Tessa was really nice offering suggestions to do around the area. Store was full of fun to browse. Restrooms needed a little attention.

1 Thank Amanda M
“BEST FOOD AROUND!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

The Essenhaus has by far the best food in the area, from their homemade salad dressing to the lovely rolls with Amish peanut butter and apple butter, the fried chicken, the noodles it is all amazing, we travel here every month.

Munster, Indiana
“good food and good people”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I loved my dining experience, I browsed around before I ate. I had the beef and noodles with mashed potatoes, chicken noodle soup and for desert chocolate peanut butter pie. I am addicted to the beef and noodles. I usually I just buy a quart, and take it home, but I was glad I ate in, because I continued looking around. It was a nice relaxing time.

• Visited April 2014