“Good food, good value”

Village Inn
Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Middlebury
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good food, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

This feels like a local favorite. Customers and staff seemed to be very familiar. We were tired and hungry and happy to find this little treasure. I had the chicken salad on pretzel bread--it was great! They had more homemade pie options than I had ever seen.

Visited June 2014

Chesterton, Indiana, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“quaint”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

It was pretty good. My friends had the pollock special and said it was extremely good. The rest of our meals were just ok.

Visited March 2014
Middlebury, Indiana
“friendly staff, okay food for the price, will return for the pie”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

I've lived in the are for a number of years, but had never eaten at Village Inn. Tonight my husband and I took our young son to have dinner at Village Inn. It was clean and the service was great. The employees were very friendly. There were probably 10 other families or couples there while we were, so it wasn't packed but there were always people in and out. We enjoyed watching the other customers (some who were regulars that didn't even need menus) as well as the buggies and cars drive by on Main St.

Ordered the Cowboy burger and fries and a personal size pizza with a piece of old fashioned cream pie for dessert. I thought our food came really quickly, so I was happy about that. The pizza had a lot of cheese on it, which was fine with me but bothered my husband. The burger was tasty and the fries were warm and crunchy. However, the bun for the burger and the applesauce we ordered for our son both seemed cheap and not very tasty. It wasn't fantastic food, but the sandwich was good and the pie was delicious.

Their old fashioned cream pie is better than the one at The Blue Gate in Shipshewana.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank abcharles
United States
“Very poor food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Slow service in a small town local place can be charming, but if the food is bad, it is not a good experience. The broccoli cheddar soup was bland and watery, the ham on a pretzel bun just OK and the fries limp and cold. Not a place to stop in again.

Visited October 2013
Kitchener, Canada
“Don't Come for the Soup”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

On our way to Amish country we stopped for a quick lunch. The place was crowded with locals, which is usually a good sign. We wanted to eat light, so both got soup, with an extra order of bread sticks with garlic sauce. I had an extremely bland chili; she had beef vegetable soup with overcooked vegetables and very little beef. The bread sticks were doughy and the garlic sauce was not good. The place highlights its desserts (pies). They may be great, but the soup isn't.

• Visited October 2013