“doughnuts to die for”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Didn't purchase any sandwiches, but there were lots of individuals buying the various sandwiches made to order. The bakery is unbelievable! They have a very large variety to choose from but my "to die for" doughnut is the caramel cinnamon doughnut. We ordered 3 doz. to take back to WI. I've never tasted any that are remotely like them...ever. Their cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting were excellent too.They have lots and lots of samples too on their shelves so you can try different selections which were all wonderful. Go there, you won't be sorry.

1  Thank rchamlet

Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you've never experienced a Rise N Roll donut, then your "donut experience" has been incomplete. WARNING: these donuts are addictive! :)

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This is the best bakery I have ever been to in my life. The donuts are great and reasonably priced and so are the sandwiches. The employees are very friendly and the service is wonderful. This is must-visit place!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Don't be fooled by the fact that this little sandwich shop and bakery looks like nothing special from the outside -- it's what's inside that counts!

Rise-N-Roll offers samples of nearly everything -- an excellent marketing move because you will want to buy EVERYthing you try. After trying their cookies and donuts, I was bummed that I had spent any money at Yoder's (a more "authentic-looking" bakery and market nearer to the main drag in Shipshewana), because Rise-N-Roll's baked goods were so much better. My friends and I bought take-home treats of cinnamon rolls, donuts, and cookies, and we ate lunch in the sub shop. Everything was so tasty and clearly home-made that morning. They even make their own homemade lemonade and iced tea. My friends and I got them mixed together -- delicious!

If you get only one thing, you should know that the cinnamon caramel donuts are otherworldly. I don't even like donuts, but these moist donuts sprinked with a combination of cinnamon and fluffy powdered sugar just melt in your mouth. The sweet Mennonite serving girl who rung me up shyly called them "sinful," and I would have to say she might be right!

1  Thank P-Fow
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Loved the cinnamon rolls and pecan rolls! MMMMM... My husband wants to take a road trip...RIGHT NOW!!!