“Everything freshly baked and oh-so-tasty!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rise'n Roll Bakery
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Middlebury
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Everything freshly baked and oh-so-tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Don't be fooled by the fact that this little sandwich shop and bakery looks like nothing special from the outside -- it's what's inside that counts!

Rise-N-Roll offers samples of nearly everything -- an excellent marketing move because you will want to buy EVERYthing you try. After trying their cookies and donuts, I was bummed that I had spent any money at Yoder's (a more "authentic-looking" bakery and market nearer to the main drag in Shipshewana), because Rise-N-Roll's baked goods were so much better. My friends and I bought take-home treats of cinnamon rolls, donuts, and cookies, and we ate lunch in the sub shop. Everything was so tasty and clearly home-made that morning. They even make their own homemade lemonade and iced tea. My friends and I got them mixed together -- delicious!

If you get only one thing, you should know that the cinnamon caramel donuts are otherworldly. I don't even like donuts, but these moist donuts sprinked with a combination of cinnamon and fluffy powdered sugar just melt in your mouth. The sweet Mennonite serving girl who rung me up shyly called them "sinful," and I would have to say she might be right!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank P-Fow

Geneva, Illinois
“Dreamin' About Those Cinnamon Rolls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Loved the cinnamon rolls and pecan rolls! MMMMM... My husband wants to take a road trip...RIGHT NOW!!!

Harrison Township, United States
“BEST DOUGHNUTS EVER...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Surprisingly we stumbled upon this quaint lil' rest area called Rise N Roll Bakery. Obviously, the locals are well aware of this gem. We stopped in. My first impression...it is spit shine clean! It was packed, but well served. The best doughnut I ever ate was on 7-12-13. I will never forget that doughnut. Cinnamon Carmel Glaze. We also had lunch there. Home made sandwhiches on fresh bread! We loved our experience so much, we plan on traveling the 3 hours again. We also ordered, via the internet, 3 dozen to be shipped and arrive any day!

• Visited July 2013
Bartlett, Illinois
“Donuts-Donuts-Donuts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

The BEST place ever for donuts. They come in both filled and not filled. We usually get 6 of each. They are really, really excellent when filled.
They also sell food there, cheese, lunch meats, dried fruits.
A must stop if your in the Amish country. It's also run my very sweet Amish girls.
They also sell a breakfst bread, that's stuffed with sausage. My husband's favorite. Take one home and dip it in some egg and fry it like french toast. Makes a wonderful meal.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Amazing cinnamon rolls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

You must stop by this bakery for their yeast rolls. You will be happy with any item you buy! You may have to wait in line a little but it's worth the wait.