“Stay at Hampton Inn in Middlebury”

Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Middlebury
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The staff was very helpful. The hot breakfast was delicious. The rooms were very tidy and the beds comfortable. I would definitely stay again. The location was close enough to shopping in Shipshewana and surrounding locations near Middlebury.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We thrive on knowing our guests are happy with our performance and our property. We work on the principals of being clean and friendly and surveys like this show how we do things here.

I appreciate the time you took to review us and it was a pleasure to host you. We look forward to serving you again some time soon.

Regards,

Reviewed February 14, 2014

The bed was/pillows were very comfortable. Breakfast fine, staff good. Main reason we chose this hotel was for the indoor pool that was open according to the internet but when we checked in found it was drained.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

I do terribly regret your stay was not as you had hoped. We realize visits during the winter often have a pool in mind. We seek always to have the least impact on guests when we have amenities taken down temporarily, but we do our best to provide proper notification by way of messages on our property website and by way of contact information taken during reservations. Unfortunately, we do sometimes have guests we cannot reach who may have booked before notifications are applied and that is disappointing, but sometimes unavoidable.

I am very glad to know you enjoyed the staff and the property. I am sorry our seasonal maintenance disrupted your pool plans. We do hope you might try us again some time soon and thanks for lodging with us.

Regards,

Reviewed February 9, 2014

What is going on with Hampton Inn? This one in Middlebury was a disaster. We will never stay there again. The employees were arrogant, unfriendly, and acted like they didn't want to be bothered. No amenities like most of the other Hampton Inns. Breakfast was always late. Some of the time we had to eat out due to breakfast not being reading when we wanted to leave. I surely hope Phil Cordell reads this. From now on, with the exception of the Hampton Inn in Perry FL , I am going to try at Drury Inn & Suites, a lot nicer place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ray A
Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I thank you so much for selecting our hotel for your recent stay. I understand from your review that you had a bad experience with some of our staff members and that you felt they did not provide you with the attentive service you are accustomed to receiving from us. I truly apologize we did not provide you with good customer service. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel like they are being well attended and I can assure you that your comments will be acted upon to immediately improve our future guests’ experience. Your experience is NOT how we choose to deal wit our guests and will not occur again.

On behalf of the entire team, I thank you for your feedback an I amtruly sorry we did not succeed creating a positively memorable experience for you. Please contact me to further discuss your visit that I may make it right.. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

A very modern Hampton Inn. Amazing beautiful rooms. The breakfast was above average. We had slight problem with reservation and staff made it right at check-in. 100% satisfied and highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

I sincerely appreciate your comments. We work very hard to honor all our guest requests and I am thrilled to find we were able to resolve an issue on the spot for you. I further appreciate that you chose to lodge with us and take the time to review us at all. It was a pleasure to host you and we hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Very nice people and very clean hotel. Highly recommend to anyone staying in Middleburry, IN. It was extremely cold during this stay and they allowed me to plug my Diesel Truck in to keep it warm so it would start. Rooms were clean and warm and it was very quiet during my stay. Thanks!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

It is a pleasure to host all our guests, but to read praise is its own reward. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we appreciate your positive remarks. We can only hope to host you again some time soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Reservation messed up. Given a lower grade room. Still charged for the higher level room reserved. Did not have the room reserved. Clerk finally lowered the rate Breakfast ran out of items and were not replaced. Pool had an uninviting green color. Did not want to use.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank John S
Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience; I would like to discuss how we can better serve you and make arrangements for a follow up stay to observe us at our best. We have made many changes in the last few months and I hope to demonstrate we are working to become better than ever. Thank you for taking time to review us and I hope we can serve you again.

Thanks,

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is the cleanest smaller hotel I have been to. The comforter is very white and smells very clean. I usually does not touch hotel comforters and only use the sheet. This particular Hampton in Middlebury, IN uses a duvet. I can tell it is washed for my use. The floor and the bathroom is also very clean. For the price I pay, this is more than excellent. The breakfast is good with hot and cold choices and fruits.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

What a resoundingly positive series of remarks! I sincerely appreciate such high praise and our housekeeping team always appreciates learning they have done well. I appreciate the time you took to complete a survey and we look forward to hosting you again some time soon.

Thanks,

omid.zahedi@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Best Western Plus Howe Inn
Super 8 Shipshewana
Super 8 Shipshewana
#4 of 5 in Shipshewana

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury? Share your experiences!