“Great”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Middlebury
saginaw, United States
“Great”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

nice place to stay, son lives in middlebury very convient for us when visiting him and his family enjoyed stay and are trying to get reservation for this weekend for the fair in middlebury grandaughter starts school there on tuesday

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Joel H
Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
I am pleased to find you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again some time soon.

omid.zahedi@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Joplin, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Per usual, this is a new building, nice though standard rooms, with all of the usual Hampton amenities (snack bar, hot breakfast, etc). I’m always relaxed while booking a Hampton because know what to expect with a Hampton, this place is no different. Great hotel!

1 Thank Jim S
We appreciate your positive remarks and thank you for staying with us. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again some time soon.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Nice Hampton, pretty much what you expect from them. I had a King Room and stayed one night during the summer. Being Summer there were a lot of children in the hotel and you could hear them running up and down the halls. My only complaint was there was someone else's hair in the bath tub, but not enough for me to call the front desk over it. Not much around the hotel, you have to drive into Shipshewana or Middlebury to eat or do anthing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I apologize for the situation you faced in your room. Please contact me at the hotel that I might discuss it with you. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again some time soon.

Tecumseh, Michigan
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The staff was great but the hotel was in need of maintenance, the pool was closed down on a day with over 90 degree temps and the overall maintenance was lacking in TLC. If you want a room close to all the great shopping in Shipshawanna then I would recommend this hotel but if you are traveling with children it lacks the extras to keep them busy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I regret you rant into some difficulties during your stay. I would appreciate if you might contact me and let me know your concerns that I might get them addressed. We have corrected our pool temperatures for the air so that is a positive. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again some time soon.

Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed July 22, 2013

called in a reservation and said I would be arriving around 2:00 pm..I arrived at 2:15 for a check in and girl made an issue of me checking early she said I was 45 min early ( being a gold member must not mean much at this Hampton)..as far as the room and entire facility it was top notch, clean no complaints with that..another issue was the price the are the only chain in this area and take advantage of that..room was about $30.00 higher than most Hamptons and they are not willing to negotiate the price to work with my perdiem (99.0% of other Hamptons work with my perdiem ) ..as far as check out it was great I went down around midnight to leave and the girl working the night desk was great and went out of her way , many her should take lessons from her because you can tell she gives 110% when it comes to the customer (unlike the afternoon girl) they do have room to park about 3 semis in lot but it was jammed up with 2 campers so I had to park next door at the hardware store...If I would stay here again it would only be because the nightshift girl that cares for the people she serves..

Room Tip: need deep pockets to stay here..
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I am pleased to see your stay was redeemed by one member of the team. We have recently made some staffing and leadership changes. I do regret you had a snag on your rate upon arrival. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again some time soon.

Stone Harbor, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have a bad back need to swim . I made my resvation weeks before my stsy. All we needed was two ajoining rooms I could live with out. A swimming pool for my back and grand kids a most have! To make all was go with the hotel I called on July 11 for my July 12 check in. I was told my room were ready and the pool was fine. When I went to lobby in my swim suit with grand kids in hand I was told the pool has been closed for week no one knows how to turn on the heater .The story every day!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Walter L
I am terribly sorry to find you had issues with checkin and pool concerns. We have made some changes in staffing and leadership to better respond to the needs of our guests and hope we can have your company again that you can observe this personally. Please rest assured our equipment and personnel are as they should be at this time and we take our service seriously. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again some time soon.

Harrison Township, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel was a very nice surprise. We stayed there due to the deal they had with the RV factory near by. I was so happy to see clean EVERYTHING! We only had one problem with the heat/air. Did not work. If you check in pm, check that out first, so staff is not entering at 11pm to try and fix. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I completely understand the difficulty in having an 11pm visitor to look at your HVAC. I regret the situation arose and hope it was corrected quickly and your stay was comfortable. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again some time soon.

omid.zahedi@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Best Western Plus Howe Inn
Super 8 Shipshewana
Super 8 Shipshewana
#4 of 5 in Shipshewana

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury? Share your experiences!