“Great experience”

Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Middlebury
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel since it opened and have found the staff very helpful and friendly. The accommodations are, as usual, fantastic. We will be staying here every time we are in the area, which is at least 1 or 2 times a year. We try to stay at Hampton Inns as much as possible as we know what to expect so there are no surprises.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Nothing can make you feel better than knowing your travels will not have surprises when you get to your hotel. I appreciate your positive remarks and our team shares its thanks as well. Thank you again for taking time to review our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again some time soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We traveled to Middlebury Indiana to attend a family wedding. We found the hotel was very clean inside and out. The lobby was very nice and led into the dining area for the free breakfast. The breakfast was different each of the 3 days we stayed there. All employees of the hotel did their utmost to ensure we felt welcomed and had everything we could ever need. the front desk people were very knowledgeable of the area and the things to see and do. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are happy to provide change in the daily routine of cross country travel. It is great to know you can get something different to eat each day and not have to pay something different or extra for it. We love having you here. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again some time soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was having to come to Middlebury for business. I had reserved two rooms. Both rooms were larger than expected, clean and fresh smelling. Both of my employees commented on the size and cleanliness. We come to this area every year and will definitely stay here again. The value for the price was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We always appreciate hearing what we have done right and enjoy being that little surprise in Middlebury, IN for our travelling lodgers. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again some time soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This Hampton Inn provided an good night's stay for a fair price. The staff was always helpful and pleasant, the room and facility was clean and pleasant in appearance, the bed was totally comfortable. And the price was at our upper range but affordable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I appreciate your positive remarks and we love having you here. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again some time soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Checked in was given a room according to online request, so can't falter them, but when you reserve a suite w/hot tub and are paying for that, you would think that would be the 1st thing offered...... After speaking with desk, it was a little frustrating explaining, but received request. Room was pretty clean AT&T the tile flooring was sticky from built up chemicals.
Staff is friendly, found the hot complimentary breakfast to be satisfactory. After checking into the correct room, I had to call the front desk as the bathroom light was burned out. The Desk clerk was pleasant, the manager that came to the room and changed the bulb, he did apologize, when I Sid it's ok it happens, his reply "with all these rooms it's hard to keep up with all the problems". I guess that explains my next issue.
Very disappointed today when housekeeping knocked on door (I was a stay over). At 9:00 am. I was hoping to sleep in, but it happens. Major issue, I guess I should have had housekeeping clean at that time, because I came back to an un serviced room. So had to go to front desk and ask for towels and shampoo, clerk was friendly, but not overly apologetic.
I stayed here because it was a chain hotel, I was visiting Amish friends in Shipshewana, could have stayed in that area at one of the Inns....closer to friends.

After reviewing the other reviews sounds like they need to get the HK issues taken care of.

Room Tip: Brand name hotels may not be the best decision in this area..... Great hotels in Amish town of Shiw...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

I do appreciate your remarks and thank you for pointing out your concerns. I have recently stepped into this property as its new GM and I am looking for our guest concerns that I may be able to correct them to provide the excellent stay you expect from TOP NOTCH and nationally recognized brand name hotel. I would love to speak with you at your leisure and invite you to try us again to find out you how things are done at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Middlebury, IN

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Staff is rude & doesn't care about problems. The breakfast is terrible & they don't restock items. Rooms appear clean, but upon further inspection they really aren't. This hotel bases their rates on being the only "real" hotel in Middlebury, but you're better off sleeping in your car at McDonald's!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Danny M

I regret your stay was not up to your expectations. I invite you to come try us again and let me know how your stay is. Please feel free to contact me at the email below that I might discuss what your are describing as we do pride ourselves in being a top notch property and that unexpected delight in the Middlebury, IN market.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I try to stay at Hilton properties where ever I go and I was really surprised to find a Hampton Inn in this small town. The hotel is new and very, very clean. I had a suite and it was very unique (new design for Hampton, maybe?) and comfortable. This is one of the best Hampton's that I have ever stayed at. I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank valpograd86

It is always a pleasure to be the little surprise in Middlebury, IN for lodging. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to host you again some time soon. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again some time soon.

omid.zahedi@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
15 mi away
Staybridge Suites Elkhart North
16 mi away
Best Western Plus Howe Inn

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury? Share your experiences!