“Very nice motel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Middlebury
“Very nice motel”
Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Our room was spacious and very nice. Bed was comfortable and we had a great TV. Loved the decor throughout. Our only minor complaint was breakfast. Food was mediocre at best. Hated the sausage gravy and there wasn't much else. We would definitely stay there again when in the area.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnDupont, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
I do always regret hearing any portion of a guest stay is not up to par. I would love to have you out again to try our breakfast as we have changed many products in our menu based on guest feedback. Please try us again and see what you think of the updated offerings.

Thanks,

omid.zahedi@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Michigan City, Indiana
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This place is amazing, clean, fresh, breakfast was great, pool and hot tub was NICE. Didnt use the fitness center but it looked VERY well taken care of.

Like them on facebook for local updates and specials

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
I am very pleased to know you had an outstanding stay. As the new GM of this facility, I am pleased to know this property has had a history of excellence.

Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed June 5, 2012

What a great new hotel. Everything gleaming and elegant. My room was huge and so was the bathroom. Decorated to be trendy and modern. Everything worked.. it's all new! Very comfortable king sized bed and luxurious linens. Had breakfast twice in the gorgeous lobby. First day I went late and the eggs and sausage were old but the second day was much better when I went earlier. A large selection of breakfast items. My only wish is that the windows opened, even a few inches. I need fresh air! The heat/cool system in the room was quiet and efficient, however. Still... I know that lots of hotels are like this and I just have to deal with it. Very friendly and efficient staff. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Middlebury.

Room Tip: the view out the back is of some kind of factory. Maybe ask for a front facing room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Middlebury. I wish we could do something about our windows myself. I am sorry to hear about your breakfast experience on one of the mornings, but I am pleased to know we corrected it for your next day. We look forward to hosting you again some time soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The one thing about this hotel that my husband and I enjoyed the most was the very outgoing staff. The rooms were great as well, very clean, and the color's were very up to date and modern. The whole staff were very helpful in finding us things to do in the area, The young lady at the desk even printed us out directions and map quested all of our destinations for us. She was very outgoing and seemed to really love what she was doing (hard to find these days). The bright personalities of the staff is what makes us want to come back. The next morning the guy at the desk asked us how our stay was and really seemed to care in what our answer was, of course the stay was great couldnt had been better we will return to this property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeremy b
Getting a positive review is a treat for us. Thank you for taking time to complete a review of our property. We look forward to hosting you again some time soon.

Central Indiana
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The room.s are very clean,easy access to everything around Middlebury. The staff was most helpful and the breakfast was now par with all Hampton's. My only suggest to the Hampton Corp. would be use real eggs instead of the powered egg and in that region of the country egg are plentiful. I have only good thing to say about this Hampton and well stay there again anytime were in the neighborhood of Middlebury.

Room Tip: The King Suites are large and very comfortable. The pool and fitness room are great. We were on the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
I am the new GM of this facility and I have been reviewing our surveys. I do sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to respond. We have recently updated our egg offering and hope you might try us again for a sample.

Thanks,

Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I agree with the prior reviewers, this is one of the best Hampton Inns that my wife and I have stayed in. We are Hilton Honors card holders and stay primarily at Hampton Inns when we travel. This Inn opened in August 2011. It is clean and neat. Being a Hilton Honors card holder, we were upgraded to a suite. It was roomy and well designed. The breakfast area was clean and well maintained. The best of all is that this Hampton Inn cost us less for a night's stay than the Hampton Inns that were within 30 miles (including South Bend, IN, home of Notre Dame, which was charging much more per night's stay.)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lamp56
Joshua S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It means a lot to us here at Hampton Middlebury that our guests find our hotel so accommodating. We are the hidden secret in Northern Indiana with great competitive pricing and a product that just can't be beat.

It was my pleasure to meet and speak with your wife and yourself. Twice in one week! We hope you will come and see us for a third visit. The Shipshewana Flea Market is up and running with over a million visitors a year! It's an experience worth seeing!
Newark, Ohio
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Everything about this hotel is above and beyond the already high expectations I have for a Hampton Inn. So that my review is not too lengthy, I will just mention a few things that come to mind after checking in a few hours ago:
- large concrete parking lot
- check in took about 15 seconds
- I was immediately recognized as a Diamond member and upgraded to a suite without even asking
- Decorations and color schemes are contemporary and classy
- immaculate everywhere
- No highway noise at all, very peaceful
- Manager Josh was very really nice when I walked through the lobby and wanted to make sure everything was alright for my stay.

Easily the best Hampton I have ever seen, and better than most other much more expensive hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank StressedDaddy
I think I like the title of this response the most! I may be a little bias, but I have to agree that the Hampton Inn here in Middlebury is a one of a kind in the brand. Our ownership group has worked hard to put together a product that stands out to all of our guests that come through these doors.

Thank you for posting these pictures for reviewers to experience. Glad you enjoyed your suite, and we will have another waiting upon your next arrival!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Hampton Inn Goshen
#2 of 6 in Goshen
Best Western Plus Howe Inn
That Pretty Place Bed & Breakfast

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury? Share your experiences!