“A great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Middlebury
Central Indiana
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The room.s are very clean,easy access to everything around Middlebury. The staff was most helpful and the breakfast was now par with all Hampton's. My only suggest to the Hampton Corp. would be use real eggs instead of the powered egg and in that region of the country egg are plentiful. I have only good thing to say about this Hampton and well stay there again anytime were in the neighborhood of Middlebury.

Room Tip: The King Suites are large and very comfortable. The pool and fitness room are great. We were on the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnDupont, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
I am the new GM of this facility and I have been reviewing our surveys. I do sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to respond. We have recently updated our egg offering and hope you might try us again for a sample.

Thanks,

Omid Zahedi
GM @ Hampton Inn & Suites
Middlebury, IN 45640
omid.zahedi@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I agree with the prior reviewers, this is one of the best Hampton Inns that my wife and I have stayed in. We are Hilton Honors card holders and stay primarily at Hampton Inns when we travel. This Inn opened in August 2011. It is clean and neat. Being a Hilton Honors card holder, we were upgraded to a suite. It was roomy and well designed. The breakfast area was clean and well maintained. The best of all is that this Hampton Inn cost us less for a night's stay than the Hampton Inns that were within 30 miles (including South Bend, IN, home of Notre Dame, which was charging much more per night's stay.)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lamp56
Joshua S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It means a lot to us here at Hampton Middlebury that our guests find our hotel so accommodating. We are the hidden secret in Northern Indiana with great competitive pricing and a product that just can't be beat.

It was my pleasure to meet and speak with your wife and yourself. Twice in one week! We hope you will come and see us for a third visit. The Shipshewana Flea Market is up and running with over a million visitors a year! It's an experience worth seeing!
Newark, Ohio
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Everything about this hotel is above and beyond the already high expectations I have for a Hampton Inn. So that my review is not too lengthy, I will just mention a few things that come to mind after checking in a few hours ago:
- large concrete parking lot
- check in took about 15 seconds
- I was immediately recognized as a Diamond member and upgraded to a suite without even asking
- Decorations and color schemes are contemporary and classy
- immaculate everywhere
- No highway noise at all, very peaceful
- Manager Josh was very really nice when I walked through the lobby and wanted to make sure everything was alright for my stay.

Easily the best Hampton I have ever seen, and better than most other much more expensive hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank StressedDaddy
I think I like the title of this response the most! I may be a little bias, but I have to agree that the Hampton Inn here in Middlebury is a one of a kind in the brand. Our ownership group has worked hard to put together a product that stands out to all of our guests that come through these doors.

Thank you for posting these pictures for reviewers to experience. Glad you enjoyed your suite, and we will have another waiting upon your next arrival!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The reviews were excellent and low and behold they were correct in their evaluations. Hotel
lobby is two story masterpiece with elegant breakfast area. Room was brand new and well designed with extra space and quality bed. The room included easy chair and desk and chair combo with easy plug in for computer. Nice large TV and extra soft bed. Bath was well designed with some elegant touches. In a more trendy venue you would pay triple the price to stay here. Not over the top luxury but still very very nice.
Breakfast was well done and in such a beautiful foyer it tasted extra scrumpuous..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank westwindsor
I want to thank you for your kind review on our new Hotel here in Middlebury. Your perception of what we offer here is exactly the goal we had in mind for our guests. We offer a modern feel with a twist of Amish Hospitality when travelers come to visit us here in Middlebury. I hope that you will come back and see us. Thanks again!
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed April 4, 2012

A bit pricey, but within the normal range for the area which is located in the heart of the Amish and rv manufacturing. Neat bike trail runs from Middlebury to Shipshewana, IN.
Great hot breakfast, oat meal, eggs, bacon, etc, plus the many other cold choices.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Joshua S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
I hope you got the chance to ride on the Heritage trail through the Amish Country. There are many interesting cultural experiences to have while visiting the area. Please make sure during your next visit to stop by the desk to find even more ways to enjoy yourself while in town. We thank you very much for your business, and hope to see you again soon. The Shipshewana Flea Market opens in just a few short weeks!
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I want to thank everyone at this hotel! My stay was great! I will definitely be back and refer my colleagues! Thank you everyone, especially the amazing and helpful front desk!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Joshua S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Seeing as you are from New York City I am glad you found us to be what you were looking for during your stays away from the busy city. We have worked hard as a staff to make sure that we do all we can to make sure our guests keep coming back. Thank you very much for this positive review. Please let us know during any future stay if there is anything that we can do better!
Milan, Michigan
Reviewed February 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this property on our way back home on a road trip. I actually work for a different hotel company, so I am normally pretty skeptical about other properties. This hotel is great!! It is new, so everything is clean and in excellent condition. The staff is all wonderful....Christina was working when we stayed and she was very helpful with getting us information about things to do in the area. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shan_bet
I am glad you and your husband found our accommodations to meet your expectations. We may be in Amish Country, but when you walk through the doors of this brand new facility you get a much more contemporary feel. Thank you very much for taking the time to articulate your experience here at the hotel. I will send Christina your warm wishes and let her know once again that she is doing a great job. I look forward to seeing you in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Best Western Plus Howe Inn
Super 8 Shipshewana
Super 8 Shipshewana
#4 of 5 in Shipshewana

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury? Share your experiences!