All reviews beautiful hotel excellent facility newer hotel frontage road complimentary breakfast front desk staff light sleeper weekend stay queen suite comfortable beds easy access staff was very friendly and helpful the hotel staff business trip clean hotel water pressure fresh fruit
Reviewed September 15, 2018

Nighttime clerk just kept saying how busy she was... when we said we had no light over bathroom mirror, her response was 'what do you want ME to do about it??'. Someone else asked about decaf coffee being just water and regular coffee being cold, she said she would take care of it immediately. Over an hour later, nothing changed. New hotel that uses the dual sliding door for both closet/bathroom, but no stop on door so easy to pinch fingers. Looks like they tried to make hotel more 'modern' looking, but just seemed to come across as cutting corners on things.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Bob_in_WI,

We appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel and are sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. We have addressed these issues with our staff. As well, we appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the redesign of our rooms as this is valuable information we can use to better our guest experience. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back so may deliver a much improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

I would have given this a five star but the lady upon check-in was not thrilled to see me and did do the usual greeting that I'm accustom to receiving when entering the Hampton Inn. She was doing something else and I waited for about five minutes but that was okay. Im not a picky person but she was a blah didn't offer us water told me that my status means nothing. All I wanted was my points to be added and looks like they were not. The pool was great but the most amazing part was the friendliest voice in the morning for breakfast. Love her Chikana was amazing her spirit and energy made up for the lackluster check-in. Chikana was amazing she asked if we were going to stay another night and told us what was for breakfast. I just wanted to stay again because of her. She is truly amazing and such a amazing light in that place.

Stayed: August 2018
Stacy L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our property for your stay . We appreciate your business. I apologize for the poor customer service you receive during check-in We strive on making every guest feel welcome and appreciated. We also like to thank you for being a Hilton Honor Member. I hope to be giving another chance to make things right , and for our valuable guest like yourself know that your opinion does matter. As mention thank you for your business and your overall review. " With Best Regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here Labor Day weekend. The hotel was pretty full. Our room was clean and bright. Large bathroom. Convenient to Lake Michigan.

However, three complaints. 1) If you say breakfast lasts until 10:00 AM, you should not run out of food at 9:30. 2) Your breakfast needs to include gluten free options. 3) The elevators need to work, especially on a holiday weekend.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Illini_Stan

Dear Guest , I want to start off by saying thank you for staying at our property . We appreciate your business as well as your overall review. We understand your disappointment with our breakfast service and agree that this is not acceptable. We pride ourselves on our " 100% great guest service, and the high quality standards we maintain. We value our customers opinions and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. Best Regards,

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Hotel is clean, good location friendly staff. But unfortunately while I was gone during the day, they cleaned my carpet so I walked in to wet carpet at night. Not fun. Everything else was good. My room that I reserved was not ready when I checked in but they gave me a different room which I'm sure was the same so no complaint there.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2018

What a very bad experience, can't get a call back on a refund, dirty, awful, rude staff. We were on business and scouting places to stay for meeting, I will make sure my company will never stay here. This was a bad experience.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business