“Great Root Beer. Nice servers”
Review of Carlson's Drive In

Carlson's Drive In
Ranked #12 of 159 Restaurants in Michigan City
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for a chili dog and root beer after shopping at the outlet mall. You have the option of carhop or picnic table service. I opted for carhop. The service was quick and the food was tasty. My fries were good but I would have liked them a little hotter. My only regret was not getting a larger size of the diet root beer. Guess i will have to go back again.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The root beer was wonderful, My fiance and I love root beer, and we have tried many homemade root beers, Carlson's is now one of our favorites. it has a hint of vanilla taste in it that really sets it off. the chilly cheese coneys were excellent as well. We will be back again!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was terribly dissapointed in my last trip to Carlsons. I ordered 2 Chili Dogs and BOTH of them had hairs in them! I was disgusted! Really BOTH HAD HAIR in them! I would not recommend Carlsons to anyone, unless you like eating hair.

2  Thank Andy B
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We'd heard so much about the sodas brewed here we stopped in yesterday. We were each given a free sample of the icy cold cream soda to try, while we each got the large root beer. I'd seen an earlier review regarding more carbonation in the root beer but this is a pure authentic fantastic brew, deep flavors, rich taste, perfect as is! The cream soda was so great we're going back today to get a large one of each and try the food. The car hop girls are a neat old time touch, very friendly and the price is right on all their food. What a cool place.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The visit was great, good service, good food- the root beer was the best ever, and great value. We enjoyed the burgers and the french fries- there were great mini mugs for the kids to use.