“AWESOME PIZZA”

Roma Pizza
Ranked #56 of 155 Restaurants in Michigan City
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Reviewed August 24, 2013

When it comes to local carry-out, dine-in, or delivery.....you can't go wrong with Roma's! Love the perfect balance of sauce, cheese & toppings. The crust isn't too thick and not too thin. Nothing like a Saturday night with a couple of pizzas from Romas! YUM!!

1  Thank IrmaDeandaSchroeder

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Sometimes Roma can be very good, and other times not so good. It used to be the best in MC, but something happened and not sure what it was. Sometimes, it is burnt, other times undercooked. When it is good, it is fabulous, but when it's bad, it's bad.

1  Thank Antiquelover2
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were going to the local marina and wanted pizza. We checked tripadvisor and saw the reviews for Roma Pizza and decided to give it a try. The outside of the building might make you think it isn't worth going inside and the foyer as you go in might make you think the same thing, but we are glad we went in! The inside of the restaurant is bright and clean. This is some of the best deep dish pizza I have eaten. It is very tasty. The crust was crisp despite being deep dish and the toppings were plentiful.

It takes 30 minutes to get this pizza, but you are made aware of that on the menu. The wait is worth it. The cheese on the pizza is amazing. I would have preferred a bit more tomato sauce but it did not diminish the flavor of the pizza.

The service was good.

If you want some goooood pizza in Michigan City, try this place.

1  Thank BudNLily
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Pizza turnover (aka calzone) was ridiculously large, but EXCELLENT. Great crust, choosing my own fillings, fabulous cheese made it a highlight for me. Service could have been better, the waitress was not too good on refills. Skip the salad, overpriced for not much more than lettuce & onions.

1  Thank dot23scott
Reviewed March 21, 2013

How many of you have been sitting in a class, a meeting, anyplace where you're 'stuck' and think, "A pizza sure would be great right now."? And how many of you have channeled your inner Spicoli and actually ordered one?
At this point in my life, i find myself a regular passenger on the South Shore train traveling from Chicago to South Bend and back again. Its not the most pleasant experience...its long and other than a toilet on every other car completely devoid of any amenities or comforts. A few days ago, a friend of mine who's also a regular passenger started discussing having a pizza delivered to the train at one of the various stops. We thought Michigan City would be a good spot for our stomachs, and the stop at 11th and Franklin looked to be the kind of neighborhood I would find a small, family owned, non-chain pizza place who would be up for this.
With a train schedule and some cash in hand, my friend calls Roma Pizza, just a little down the road from our stop on Franklin Street. There was some hesitation from the person on the other end of the phone and we were first told, "No." but my friend politely asked if he could speak to the owner.
He got on the phone and when we explained that it wasnt any different than a normal delivery to a house or apartment, that he would only have to wait for us to get there on the train, he agreed and promised to have our pizza waiting for us.
As we pulled into Michigan City a few minutes later there he was...the delivery person standing at the stop with a large peperoni and mushroom pizza. My friend jumped off the train, exchanged our cash for the pizza and ran back to the train, all before everyone else had finished disembarking from this stop. The delivery went off perfectly, and we now had a large, hot, freshly made pizza in our hungry hands! We were even given plates and napkins!
At this point, we would have been satisfied with even a sub-standard pizza and considered the event a success. We walked back to our seats and as soon as we opened the box, the entire train car filled with the smell of this thing. The pizza was EXCELLENT! I have never been to Roma before or had their pizza, ( and I am a lifelong resident of Chicago and its surrounding areas so I have a fairly high standard for pizza ) but i can honestly tell you this pizza was delicious.
The only thing that could have made this any more perfect would have been beer delivery!

2  Thank Chris K