“Festive”
Review of Bridges

Bridges
Ranked #9 of 159 Restaurants in Michigan City
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I spent quite some time looking for an outdoor location to eat with my family. I stumbled upon bridges and it was just what I was looking for. Casual yet festive with fun menue items and a delightful drink menu. We went back a second time during the week we were there and will find a reason to get back there again next summer! Be careful, they weren't kidding when they named "fall off the top shelf margarita!!"

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Ate outside, very relaxing. Waitress very very helpful and friendly. Diet Dr Pepper...nice! Food was fine, liked the sweet potato fries and the Caribbean sauce for the chicken. It seemed like they were packing up to close by 8??? That was odd, but maybe it's an early town, went Labor Day weekend. Woud definitely go again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Dined there with friends on Labor Day. The restaurant was not especially busy when we arrived, but I couldn't ascertain if they were understaffed or just not that receptive to customers waiting at the entrance to be seated. I would call this restaurant confused. Went to the outside bar to get a drink first because no one had acknowledged us standing at the entrance. We had to flag someone down to let them know we needed a table. The bartender seemed to be bored and was texting on his phone, but he was able to make us drinks between texts. Nice of him. Our server was very knowledgable and helpful with menu items. The quality and taste of the items we ordered, however, were all over the place. One entree was good, the other dark dark brown, but not burnt (indication of old fryer grease).Yes, I know, I own a restaurant. Just average burger and smoked brisket sandwich. And they don't allow customers to ask for a temperature on burgers. They are all cooked well done. The fried asparagus appetizer and tomato bread were very good. Ordered drinks and they took forever to get. When we got them from another server, they were watered down, so they had been sitting at the bar for awhile. We asked for our check while we were still eating in anticipation of having to wait too long for it after we were finished eating. Our server promptly came back for the check, asked if we needed change, we said no, and she left all our dirty plates on the table. My pet peeve. If you can pick up a check with payment then you can pick up some dirtly dishes. Bridges is mediocre at best and I would not go out of my way to return.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Bridges is quaint place off the beaten track with a nice view of trail creek, so if you like to watch boats go by, this is a great place for that. The seafood was pretty tasty, and I'd rate the fish and chips slightly better than the perch. I don't normally care for sweet potatos but the sweet potato fries here were really tasty! Our wait staff was extremely friendly as well. I didn't care too much for the picnic table seats, however. If you go here make sure the weather is good, because the majority of the seating is outside on a deck.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We always order the fish tacos, fried, and enjoy them. The atmosphere is lively with boats coming in and out of Lake Michigan along Trail Creek. If you're lucky the swing bridge will turn for an oncoming train. It's a fun summertime place. Try to get a spot next to the water for the best view.