“Poor service, food was so-so.”
Review of Matey's Restaurant

Matey's Restaurant
Ranked #91 of 152 Restaurants in Michigan City
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Michigan City's premier destination near the marina, beach, outlet mall and casino boat. Big menu with good variety and great prices -- you'll never leave hungry. Three bars with different atmospheres allows you to barhop without leaving the parking lot. Our service is second to none.
Mulberry, Indiana
“Poor service, food was so-so.”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Service was poor and food nothing to brag about. Will never go back. Would be a good location to start a restaurant and bar with the right management. I expressed our disappointment to the waitress and she said she told the the manager. A good manager would have been to our table right away. We never saw the manager, their loss.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank DonO70

New York City, New York
“Great gathereing place”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Not sure you go here for the food but the rooftop bar is very happening in the summer months. Grab a burger. Sit back and enjoy the sunset.

Visited May 2012
Beverly Shores, Indiana
“Dissappointing Experience X2”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We were looking for a place to "hang out" for dinner, that had a menue we both could enjoy. Along came the Matey's Menue on the internet and we said GREAT! I wanted Prime Rib. Menue says Prime Rib special on Friday! We went, after calling when it was going to be ready!!! Got there, order taken with great detail as to how I wanted the Prime Rib! Arrived OLD re-heated more than well-done when I ordered med-rare. The potatoe was good! My GF ordered clam stips, that were more like long pieces of rubber. We could not eat anything, and took it home to give to the dogs. A few weeks later we decided to give it another go at it, since they may have had a bad day! This time it was Saturday, for the longest time we were the only people, then a few came in. Food, just like the first time, the Prime Rib was beyond its time and my GF great hamburger was less than one could expect for the price. I guess that did it for Matey's. Do not intend to return! Did leave the girl a good tip, since it was not her fault what was going on in the kitchen!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank rack
Hammond, Indiana, United States
“Great service at the bar!”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I've visited Matey's a few times & their food is really good.I received excellent service dining at the bar indoors, the bartendress went above and beyond. I've also dined on both their decks and my friends commented how good the wings are. This place is really fun to go during the day or at night.Love it!

• Visited September 2011
Merrillville, Indiana
“Never again”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I have tried Matey's twice now, both with negative results. The only reason we went back a second time was because we enjoy the upper deck. The second time we went, my food was bad. I ate one bite, and told the waitress about the problem, but was not offered a replacement and still charged for it and was told by the waitress, "sorry, the cook has a hangover." This is no way to do business, seems they need some serious management change or something.

• Visited September 2010