“Good stay! :)”

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
“Good stay! :)”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had to pull off do to the weather in Indiana last week.. It was horrible they were shutting almost every road down. This was the cheapest hotel on my choice hotels app.. Usually comfort inns are really expensive. I only paid about $62 for this room. It was clean. Comfortable! Staff/ front desk was really nice friendly! I asked if I could see a room first! She showed me a room before I decided to stay here. When I stayed they were handing out a snack package for being a choice hotels member. I'm glad we found this hotel when we had the bad weather! If I ever need to stay in Michigan City again I will come back to this hotel! :)

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Starburstkayla07
Roger S, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you so much for the great comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Comfort Inn Michigan City. We are looking forward to seeing you and your friends again in the future.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

219-879-9190

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Michigan
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way to Chicago. Shopped at the outlet mall on Friday and just needed a place to sleep for the night. The best thing to be said about the room was that it was large. It had two queen beds, a pull-out sofa, a bar with sink and fridge, and plenty of extra space. The room was clean, except for the sheets on the pull-out, which had some questionable debris on them *shutter*. I called for new sheets and the clerk was very apologetic. The shower had very low pressure and the second person who showered had cold water. Not cool! The waffles at the free breakfast were good. Everything else didn't look worth trying. They had cold cereal and yogurt too. It wasn't a horrible place, but I would try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MichiganMomof3
Roger S, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff at Comfort Inn we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Jaclyn Brady
Customer Service Agent
Comfort Inn Michigan City
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 28, 2013

got an earlier than expected check in, which was nice, particularly since we were going to a football game at Notre Dame later in the day. It's a Comfort Inn, it's what you would expect. Decent breakfast offering, and actually a terrific cable tv offering.. Sink and bathroom are an odd layout, a little uncomfortable since it's right on top of the door to the room. A bargain compared though to where we stayed in Mich. City two years ago. The place is a little worn, but good for one night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Roger S, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy that you had a good experience overall. Our team appreciates all of the reviews we receive, and we hope that we can accommodate you again.

Bloomington, Indiana, USA
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We spent two nights here a few months ago. It's a basic little hotel. The front desk staff were friendly enough if not terribly responsive. The room was a decent size. The bed was reasonably comfortable. The room was clean. The common areas, particularly the stairs on our end of the building could use some TLC. We didn't use the pool area. Although we didn't eat breakfast at the hotel, we did check it out for future consideration, and it seemed adequate for our needs, if a little low on healthy protein choices. We got what we paid for. There is a Culver's very close, and the motel is conveniently located for getting to the beach, outlets, casino, etc.--all are just a few minutes' drive away.

Room Tip: We were on the far end of the second floor. The steps are a bit steep and there is no elevator so i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Roger S, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2013

Cambridge, Ontario
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was fine for an overnight stay on our way back to Ontario. The pool was nicely located in the hotel, but it only had ladder entry and may be an issue for people with disabilities or others like me who take a long time to get into a cold pool.

The rooms had a strange setup with the sink right beside the door. Also the toilet was not attached properly to the floor and wobbled (clearly maintainance is needed and I let the front desk know so hopefully it will be fixed for future guests). The rooms were newly renovated and had lovely large wall mounted tvs, however the walls were paper thin and we could hear every conversation in our neighboring, non attached room. We may try a different hotel in the area the next time we come through the area.

• Stayed August 2013

Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed August 9, 2013

At the end of July my wife's family had a family reunion in Michigan City. Other family members decided to stay there, in spite of the reviews on TripAdvisor, and so we did also just to be in the same hotel. Never again. To open the sliding glass door I felt like I needed a crow-bar. The "complementary breakfast" looked way too risky to attempt (I was hoping my mother-in-law would try it though).

The room served it's purpose, but for the next reunion in a couple years we will NOT be staying there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Arthur P

Travelers are raving about these Michigan City hotels

Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed July 26, 2013

we left Minneapolis and wanted to get past Chicago before we stopped for the night. What we didn't know was that all the people from the area go to hotels on the weekends during the summer in the towns around the lakes. This resulted in our not being able to find any rooms. The lady at the country inn and suites told us that the comfort inn had a room. We stopped at the comfort inn and got a good price on the room. it had the bed configuration we needed. the lady at the desk was not rude but after 9 other hotels in a 2 week period I have a sense of what is good front desk service and what is not. She seemed tired or distracted or grumpy, not sure but i just cared about a clean room. We were traveling with 15 pieces of luggage so I grabbed the cart and loaded it up only to find that there is no elevator in a 2 story hotel....realllllllly???? come on comfort inn. you think people dont have heavy luggage? Your website talks about comfort and service. Let's try that part again. I also think that the heat was on in the hallway. weird. The rooms all had no smoking signs on them but the halls reeked of smoke. so, humping 15 large pieces of luggage up the stairs in the heat, with the smoke was not a good intro to our stay at the comfort inn. On to the good part. the room was huuuuge! I was happy about that. the AC was cold but not frigid. The tv was big and the beds were comfortable and clean. I would not seek this hotel out again but it was not terrible.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Roger S, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013