“nice stay”

and 1 more site!
Clarion Inn Michigan City
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Good location, great staff, clean rooms although the clorine smell from the pool area was a bit strong. Overall, not a bad hotel. Beware the door to the patio outside the pool doors lock behind you, had to walk all the way around the building to get back in.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
CrawfordsPub, Manager at Clarion Inn Michigan City, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for reviewing the Clarion Inn & Suites. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn Michigan City

Reviewed July 10, 2013

No air conditioning for 2 1/2 days the automatic doors did not work for 6 days! have you tried to hold open a non-operational automatic door when you are carrying luggage or children? the "pull out couch" was so cramped we couldn't even open it up for use. Mold growing in the bathroom shower stall. Ice machine did not work 90% of the time. 2 out of 3 vending machines did not work for half our visit. Swimming pool smelled like a toilet bowl and we never saw anyone servicing pool or spa. The "hot" breakfast was amongst the worst i have seen. One pitcher of orange juice for 50-60 people eating breakfast and cold pancakes were just a couple of the problems. Poorly managed! our prolonged stay enabled us to see how little the management cares about this hotel...What a shame. This used to be a great place to stay whey it was a holiday inn. I requested the telephone number of the corporate office and was directed the on-site hotel manager and denied the corporate number. The new restaurant doesn't even compare to Damon's which used to be there.

Room Tip: This hotel is a victim of POOR management so I would not recommend this location until they replace...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bryant c
CrawfordsPub, Manager at Clarion Inn Michigan City, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

We appreciate you taking time to review the Clarion Inn & Suites. We are in the process of repairing the automatic door you referred to. I do understand how inconvenient and frustrating an inoperable door can be. We take great pride in our Oasis pool area. Please know it is cleaned and serviced on a daily basis each morning. I hope you will give the Clarion another opportunity to provide you with an exceptional experience. We look forward to being able to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Good location, great staff, clean rooms. Cons are very outdated TVs, and no microwaves or fridge in the 80 dollar a night rooms. Also the Internet is supposedly free, but when I had trouble connecting my ps3 I found out I had to pay 3 dollars a day to connect a device such as that. I guess all you can do is browse the web for free. Overall, not a bad hotel. I would probably find something not so outdated in the future though.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for taking time to review the Clarion Inn & Suites. We do offer suites with microwaves and refrigerators. We are happy to accommodate requests for these items in our standard rooms as well. We look forward to your next visit with us when you are in Michigan City again.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were very pleased with this very nice hotel and staff. The pool and hot tub were great! And the breakfast was wonderful! Our room was spacious and clean. Everything was perfect, except, the vanity in the bath room was not bright enough. This makes it difficult so shave. But, almost every hotel (even expensive hotels) are the same way. So, over all, I would have to say this is a very good place to stay. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Erin N, General Manager at Clarion Inn Michigan City, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you very much for taking time to review the Clarion Inn & Suites. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We always strive to provide exceptional guest service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

A group of us booked rooms for the weekend. This Clarion is clean and neat, however in much need of updating. A bit dog-eared is the best description and a feel of mid-20th century decor. Upstaging all of this are the rates, which are very favorable and in line with the locale. Additionally, the staff are absolutely terrific. More commonplace these days is a complementary breakfast and this one offers enough to get you to lunch. Nothing spectacular--juice, breads, cereal, yogurt, Egg McMuffin-style eggs, etc., but of decent quality. I travel globally and stay in a lot of 5 star hotels, so please keep that in mind when reading this review as I really have no bad critique except the flying ant invasion outside my door, which the desk clerk promised he'd report to maintenance. I debated how to rate this hotel, as it is very acceptable, but nothing special.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LAPlatinum

I appreciate you taking time to review the Clarion Inn & Suites. We are happy to offer competitive rates for our full-service property. The complimentary breakfast gives our guests a great start to their day. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Awesome! I had stayed at a different hotel the nite before n it didn't work out, so I called the clarion and they got me right in! Love love my stay.
Luv d pool n hot tub. Super clean room,great breakfast, can't wait to return.
I brought my family from Chicago to just "get away" . Restaurant was tasty .awesome location, close to outlet mall.

Room Tip: If u hav kids stay n rooms in pool area. If u want quiet, stay down the hall from pool, it can b lou...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Scotty-E130
Erin N, General Manager at Clarion Inn Michigan City, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

I am glad you had the opportunity to stay at the Clarion Inn & Suites and experience our Crawford's Pub. It is a great amenity for our guests. It's nice to hear that our convenient location was ideal to explore all that Michigan City has to offer. We look forward to accommodating your family again.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Clarion Inn, Michigan City provided my wife and I with a very wonderful and restful place to stay on a very long and difficult trip. The staff were vey helpful in providing information for a good dinner and were cheerful and made us feel welcome. Our room was neat, very clean, quiet., and our Lhasa Apso was very content. The breakfast was excellent, a newspaper was certainly nice, and the room was always clean. Our greatest appreciation for a wonderful and caring staff.

Room Tip: Simply ask the staff, I'm certain they will do their best.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Clarion Inn & Suites. I am happy you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. Travelling with a pet is important to many people and we are glad to offer pet-friendly rooms. We look forward to seeing you again.